The Arrest

August 15

Amber's P.O.V.

"Oh my god. Amber! I thought you were dead"

I ran into his arms. Happy to see the person who helped me. I appreciate him a lot. It had to be a tough time trying to help a victim send his brother to jail.

"Hi Mason. How are you", I asked. He then smiled brightly and embraced me in a hug.

"I'm living. How are you though? You're looking very good. You no longer have a frown on your face"

"I'm doing amazing. I checked myself into rehab. I don't have much longer, soon I'll be out. I also attend therapy classes"

"I'm proud of you. Oh are you engaged", he asked. I guess he caught sight of my right hand.

"Nope. At least not yet. This is a promise ring that my boyfriend gave to me. Mason this is Matt, my boyfriend. Matt this is Mason, my friend and a great supporter", I introduced.

"Nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too"

I called Mason immediately because my main goal is too take Mark to trial and put him in jail and get him the help he needs to make himself a better person. Hopefully.

They both shook each others hand as they greeted each other. Matt and I drove out here today. I completed my isolation and now I only have about 2 more months to go.

I'm already done packing all my stuff for when I leave to college. I'm gonna leave at the beginning of September. We already figured out how I'm gonna attend both colleges.

Matt and I found a nice condo and we got settled. Its really mine, but he's gonna be staying with me for the trial. I'm moving back to Miami with Matt after all this commotion is over.

"I still have all the evidence. We can take Mark down, but I want him to get help. He is my brother, blood or not, but he's not stable at all. So I want him to seek help."

"I'm perfectly fine with that. So do you know where he is?", I asked.

"Well we had a family gathering Saturday and my parents wanted him to get some help, but he walked out. Mark is still trying to fix the marriage, but your mother refused and she wants him to sign the papers."

I gasped and my eyes widened. I had no idea my mother knew about it. I was gonna tell her after the trial.

"My mother knows"

"Yes. They had you filmed on your prom night. Which was part of a confession. Every one knew. Now everyone knows you're dead. So you have to tell them you're not before it escalates any further."

"I will. Have you talked to my mom?"

"Yeah she's broken, your mother's sister, Tere....."

He stopped noticing he was about to spill a secret, but it was no need. I had already been informed.

"I know Teresa is my auntie. I have to clear that up too."

"Ok good. Well Teresa has full custody of Blake so far while Tiffany gets herself together. She's in therapy, but she's progressing well. "

"Thank you Mason."

I contacted Mason first because he is the one who is really gonna help me with the case. I have to go to the detectives today.

~*~

"Hello. I'm Amber Nova Madsen and I'm here to see Detective Harris and Detective Sanford."

I was currently by myself at the police station waiting to see them. The receptionist immediately contacted them. I was looking around and I saw a paper with my picture on the front saying missing.