Broken

Amber's P.O.V.

3 months later..... February 21, Saturday

I sat there in the chair and looked at the pictures and the video clips. The pictures of all the bruises located on me.... The video clip on the news of me being carried away in the ambulance truck.

"Come on Amber. Its all there. You've been abused for a while now and apparently an addict for a while"

"I haven't been using often. That was my second time"

"Oh well it seems to me as if you were a pro. Just tell us who has been hurting you. We can put them away"

I was in the investigation room and Detective Sanford was questioning me. Mrs. Smith and Aden came with me. Adam couldn't come because he had a family issue, so I understand.

It's been 3 months and I don't stay at the mansion, I stay with Adam's family, but he's never home. So I'm mostly with Aden. School is going very well and we all planned the senior field trip for spring break. We're going to Panama!

I'm still secretly doing ballet and I'm doing very excellent. I love my ballet life, its perfect. I've been having my spa days, but with my friends at ballet class. I have gotten very close to Aden's family.

Aden and I have been performing together more often now and I like it. I've been trying to persuade him to come dance with me at Smith's ballet studio instead of with the school.

My mother still was a little traumatized by my overdose and why I won't come home, but she's trying to be understandable and let me have my space. She should be due any day now.

I haven't seen Mark or even talked to him and I don't want to. He still doesn't know, I know his story. But I've been up here for an hour now

"No matter what you do, he will find me and he will kill me."

"I know you're scared, but you have to be strong and tell us who has been doing these horrible things to you. Who is it? Adam, your boyfriend or Mark, your step dad."

"Can I please go home"

"Ok, you can go to rehab or we can lock you up for using an illegal substance underage"

"You can't do that", I yelled. They were making me angry, I just wanna go home. I don't like when people keep pressuring me.

I just wish this will all end. Maybe it would've been better if I did die.

"Oh yes we can. So spill the beans kid and you're a free birdie", he stated. I began to shake because I was so nervous. I began to think though....

I've been abused for so long, 5 long years and I've held my silence. I didn't even realize its killing me. It doesn't even matter if I tell, I've been a dead girl walking since my dad died. I just have a clever way of hiding it.

"Ok but promise me you will get the person help because they need it, just like I do.", I stated.

"We promise"

"Ok....... Well I've been raped and beaten since I was 14, every night. Sometimes it wouldn't be so bad and other times it would be harsh where I couldn't even move.

"Why didn't you tell anyone Amber? You could've been dead for being abused for all those years. Why?"

"I'm a person who likes to make everyone happy, so that's what I did. I kept everyone happy by being silent. He said if I didn't tell anyone it would be ok.", I stated looking in the detective's eyes.