Just The Beginning

"Ok honey so what are you planning for your big 18th birthday party", my mom asked. We were all sitting at the dinner table and eating a dinner I cooked. My mom and Mark are so busy that they don't even have time to cook.

Everyone knows how a dinner table is usually set up. The mother and father sit across from each other while the kids sits beside them.

That's not how we sit...

Mark does sit in the chair, but my mom doesn't sit across, we both sit beside him. Like Mark is the king and we are his servants.

"I don't know. I'm gonna see if Adam has any idea-s.", I said.

"Ughhh..pass the rolls please", Mark rudely interrupted.

Then I saw the reaction of Mark. He looked pissed. My birthday is September 16. Usually Adam helps me plan my birthday.

"Oh honey that's great. You two are beautiful together", my mother replied. I felt Mark's hand crept up my thy and he pinched it. I fliched. His nails digging into my skin as the seconds past hurt like hell. I was wearing a dress because I'm always comfortable with wearing dresses, but Mark makes me want to rethink that.

"Oh honey are you ok", my mom asked as she noticed me flinch. Wish she would've noticed what was happening under this table.

"Oooww ow ow.... I'm fine its just cramps", I lied, then he stopped and I look down at the mark he made, my thigh was bleeding a little and he saw it

"Well you should go take a pill for the pain", he said glaring at me. I rolled my eyes and removed myself from the table and went upstairs to my room. I went into my bathroom and searched the medicine cabin for peroxide and band aids.

"Gotcha", I stated a loud as I grabbed the band aids and peroxide. Once I nursed myself I laid down on my queen sized bed and I pulled out my phone. I saw I had a missed call from Adam so I called him back.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe I missed you. I want you to come over, pleeeeaaasseee", Adam pouted.

"Babe I miss you too but you know my step dad won't let me out. He's too 'overprotective", I replied or should I say obsessed with his wife's daughter. I could try to sneak out by my mother's permission. I just have to make sure Mark doesn't notice.

"Well make up a lie, beg them. I want to see you. Mark couldn't be that bad, he's a good guy, young and he's rich. I know you can come over.", he explained. Adam doesn't know the half of it. Things have changed. Its like when we became a couple our friendship went out the window. He listens to me, but he doesn't. He sees me, but he doesn't and I still love him.

Adam and I see each other every day all day and I mean everyday all day. My mom loves our relationship, sometimes she even acts like my sister which worries me. Its like I'm living her life. Its all about her and being perfect. What about me? You're my mom act like it.

"Ok babe I'll try my best. I love you"

"I love you too"

I put my phone on my night stand then packed an over night bag to stay at Adam's. I walked downstairs to find my mother washing dishes so I went over to her and hugged her.

"Amber what do you want", she asked smiling.

"Your own daughter just can't give you a hug", I said trying to be adorable as possible.

"Yes she can but I know you want something so what is it", she asked not buying into my pettiness.

"Weelllll.... I was wondering can I go spend the night with Adam"