On The Case

Detective's Sanford's P.O.V.

"Daddy, daddy, daddy"

"Hey my little pumpkin", I stated as I picked her up and sat her on my lap.

"Daddy you're working again", she asked. I was currently at my office desk facing the computer. I'm working on Amber Madsen's case.

"Yes I am and I have a bunch of work to finish. So after daddy's done we can go for ice cream"

"Thank you daddy. I love you", she said as she kissed my cheek.

"Love you to kiddo.", I smiled as she pranced out of my office. I love my family so much. They mean the world to me.

My wife, Tori and I have been married since we were 27 and I'm 36 now. Meaning we've shared almost one decade of marriage together and it's still going strong.

Tori gave birth to Megan, our baby girl, on my 28th birthday. It was a beautiful moment because not only did we share the same birthday, but I had just closed a major case.

Now I'm sitting here trying to close another major case. Many of these cases are brutal, but this one really gets to me because Amber is an sweet innocent person. Every time I think of what they did to her, I think of Megan. I don't want that to ever happen to my little girl.

I agree that she is a broken, traumatized girl and she needs to seek counseling and rehab. I worked on her father's case and he was a good man. I could tell.

I have 2 suspects so far and they are Mark Rowen and Adam Tylers. Both suspects gave me convincing stories and I couldn't hold them. But something's telling me it's one of the two, but then again I disagree with myself.

When I asked Amber to tell me his name, she screamed Brian before she went into a stage of shock.

Who is Brian? She just gave me a simple name and I can't get anywhere with that. So I'm just gonna dig deeper into my original suspects.

I pulled Adam's file and he was all clean. Very athletic basketball player who comes from a family of hard working business people.

Bridget Tylers and Phil Tylers own a variety of car dealerships that are successfully progressing. So I'm pretty sure they go on millions of business trips. Leaving Adam alone at home.

Which brings me to the subject of Amber. I understand that Rowens Corporations is a huge prosperous company also. I know the married couple work hand and hand together.
They also attend many business trips often, leaving Amber alone. So I'm pretty sure Amber and Adam are with each other all the time.

But when we arrived at the scene she was being taken away and from my understanding of the mom, Tiffany. She left for a week on a business trip and Amber was left alone with Mark.

Its all about the emotions and reactions. I observed Amber the entire time during the investigation. It's definitely a deadly, silent secret someone's hiding.

I have two theories:

1. Amber is in an abusive relationship with Adam and she's scared to tell on him.

2. Mark Rowen is secretly abusing Amber behind her mother's back and he's making threats so Amber can keep her mouth sealed.

~*~

"So that's obvious"

After I took Megan out for ice cream, I headed for work. My partner and I are in the lab getting information.

Simon Fords has been my partner for 5 years now and we're close friends. We worked perfectly together and have closed many difficult cases.

"The results prove that she has been abused for quite sometime now", Dr. Lanskin explained.