The Final: You

This is the day. This afternoon will determine the continuation of my life as a student. Since this morning, Eddy has been busy helping me to get ready, starting from appearance, as well as my mental state which he can see that I'm not ready.

Last night he had stayed up all night to help me study slowly. Headaches can't be avoided, but he constantly cheer me up everytime I felt hopeless. He prepared some water, inhaler and all the things he considered essential to keep my cool. We eventually survived until like, 3 AM.

I still remember how he encourage me with his smile.

Flashback...

"Hey!" A big hand caught me in the middle of me trying to study my thesis by reading it together with Eddy. The head that was about to fall, was immediately protected and returned to its original position.

Eddy's worried face stared at me softly. "You okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm just a little tired. It's so hard for me..."

"Are you sure you can still keep going? We can take a break first, then review it tomorrow morning if you want."

I shook my head. "I'm fine, Eddy."

Eddy smiled and patted my head. "Then trust yourself more. I'm here for you. I know you can do it, Y/N."

I was happy he said that. Somehow his words of encouragement made me want to work harder for this. As he always helped me, I can't possibly make him disappointed.

There's other certain reason which made me so, one which he haven't know about.

Present...

"You ready?"

A tap on my shoulder dispelled my reverie instantly with a shocked expression. I turned to Eddy who was already tidy with his casual clothes next to me.

"K-Kinda nervous actually." I grin to him. Even my words starts to stutter.

"Why? You have work hard for it, I'm sure you can pass!" Eddy smiles as he puts his hands on my shoulder.

We both look at the mirror in front of us, Eddy is behind me, it made me kinda wonder did I really nervous because of the thesis defense or is it because of how close he is to me now. I almost can feel his breathe behind.

"Hey Eddy?"

"Hm?"

"Can we go somewhere after the defense?" I asked hesitantly. I glance to the left, but didn't dare to look at him.

He silents a bit, but then smiles. "Oh? Sure. Where?"

"I'll decide after everything's done." I smile back.

Eddy chuckles. "Okay then. For now, let's get going. Belle is already waiting."

---

It's very stressful for me to wait for my turn to be tested by the lecturers. I often stare at the door of my soon to be thesis defense will in place, seeing the other student is in process with theirs.

Sighs of worry escaped my mouth. Eddy and Belle who are on my side repeatedly tried to calm me from panic. They always said that I can do it, that I have to calm down, that I will get even more nervous if I kept thinking nonsense.

Not that I didn't know that, it's just this is quite scary for me.

What if I failed again?

What if I let them down?

What if...

"Y/N? You can prepare now."

I quickly glance to the class's door. The student before me seen to be smiling happily, followed by a young woman who seemed to be the campus's people. She is the one that in charge of managing our thesis defense schedule.

I silent for a bit, glancing to Eddy and Belle consecutively.

"As I say, you can do it, Y/N. Whatever happens, at least you have done your best. Okay?" Eddy smiles at me and pats my head.

"I will take you to a big feast tonight after this, Y/N!" Belle said excitedly.

"Thank you, both of you," I said. I take a deep breathe before I walk to the class to prepare.

Laptop, cable, presentation, I make sure all of it are okay. I bring a few books to support my data and sources too.

Didn't take too long after the lecturers are coming to their seats in front of me.

"You may pray first if you wanted to." I believe, that is one of the examiner.

Of course, I take that chance to bring up all of my hopes to Him. I pray so hard that it takes me two minutes solid before I said I'm ready to my supervisor and examiners.

Here goes nothing!

To be continued :]

Hello guys. I'm so sorry for the lateness, i had quite a writer's block so I've been writing this chapter like... a paragraph or even just one sentence per day.

Anywayyy, the next chapter is the ending! Anyone excited?