180° Different

I smiled to the camera as I hug a map and my thesis tightly. My defense has finally come to an end, leaving me unofficially graduated from the campus. I spill out some gratefulness in silence as I take pictures with the lecturers, then hand-shaked with them once again before they leave.

I feel some real proud for myself to overcome this challenge. It's been so long, I almost forget how this emotion feels like.

I should really thank Y/N when I got to the hospital.

I put my phone on my ear as I walk to the lobby of the campus. After a few beeps, I hear someone's voice from the other side.

"Hey, Sis. I'm on my way to you now. How are things with Y/N? All good, right?" I asked with a smile.

"Hey, Eddy. Um... Y/N's with the Doctor now. But... Yeah."

"Hey, what's with the tone? Are you feeling alright?" I furrowed my eyebrows hearing some uneasiness in her voice.

"N-No. Everything's fine, really. I'll wait for you here, okay?"

"Okay!"

I quickly call a taxi from the campus and go to the hospital. It just takes fifteen minutes before I arrive, I quickly go to the certain floor Y/N is being hospitalize in, and met Belle there.

We both hug each other happily as Belle give me a tiny smile. She pats my shoulder with proud and say, "You really did it, didn't you? You passed the thesis defense?"

I nod and smile back. "I can't believe I really did it, Sis. This is all thanks to you and Y/N. Thank you so much."

"Oh," Belle's smile slowly fades. "Um, Eddy, about Y/N..."

"Hm?" I raised my eyebrows a bit. "She's okay, right?"

"Y-Yeah, she's fine but..." Belle seems trembling. I looked at her in a  increasing confusion.

Belle takes a deep breathe before she continues. "Let's just meet her inside, okay? You'll get what I mean."

I nod as I follow her into the room. Somehow my happiness slowly turned into doubts seeing Belle's expression talking about Y/N. I'm sure she's okay since she woke up and there are no signs of bad news when Belle called me about Y/N's awaken, but Belle's vibe seems to make me scared again.

As we approach the bed, there she is, sitting silently with her head bandaged all over. Her eyes stares at the window beside her, showing a blank face.

Belle stops a few metres from the bed, letting me go by myself to Y/N. I looked at my sister with doubt, then glance to the girl in the bed. The feelings inside of me, they're scaring me.

As I step closer, Y/N seems to notice my presence. Our heads glance to each other, meeting exact to the eyes. For an instance, we both just stay silent, enjoying our irises say hi, as if they haven't met for a long time.

She's okay right? Nothing's wrong with her, right?

My hands grip the bed divider, scanning her from head to toe. She seems okay to me. No major bruise besides the head.

"Hey, Y/N. You're finally awake," I said as I stroke her hair. "I-I... I thought I've lost you."

Y/N looked at me with the same blank face. Now she's the one that scans me from head to toe, as if trying to find something. "....Who are you?"

My body instantly trembles, looking at her with a big disbelief. I stand straight, staring at her, trying to find a lie. Who are you? Did I hear right? She doesn't recognize me?

My mind frozes, realizing that Y/N is just physically okay. She didn't have that smile of hers everytime she saw me, she looked at me like a total stranger.

"It's me... Eddy. You... didn't know me? We were close since we were little." I tried to give her some hints. She must be joking, right?

"We were... close?" Y/N asked. I can see she's totally have no idea about me.

I let out a sigh and smile slightly to her. I guess, I won't be telling her about the defense I successfully passed yet. "I-It's okay. You don't have to remember me now."

"....."

"Um, rest now, Y/N. You need to recover," I help her to lay down on the bed. I stroke her hair once again, as I keep my smile. "Don't you worry, I'll take care of you until you're healthy again, okay?"

She just nods her head weakly, then slowly close her eyes to sleep.

I stare at her peaceful sleep with my lips bited. Incredible pain, that's what I feel now. After years of spending time together, in a blink of an eye, she just forgot about me.

Just when my life is slowly going better, this happened to her. Why?

I feel a tap on the shoulder again. I glance to the back, seeing Belle stares at me silently, as if saying 'you understand now?'.

"What did... the doctor said?" I asked hesitantly.

"She got amnesia, because of the bruise on her head," Belle sighs. "She forgot about everything, but he said the memories possibly will be back, when she gets better."

"Oh..." I looked down, my voice weakens.

"Eddy, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about this sooner..." Belle said with regrets. "I really don't want to make you stressed out during your defense."

I smile slightly. "It's okay, Sis."

I glance back to Y/N again, and sigh. "We didn't really talked before I decided to go back to the campus, after all."

"Eddy..."

I closed my eyes as I walk out towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Belle asked, stopping my steps exactly a few centimetres from the door.

With my back still backing Belle, I say with pain, "Can you take care of Y/N for me? I'll... be back for a moment."

To be continued :)