August: Are You In Love?

August 2015

Your POV

The streets that afternoon were only accompanied by the chirping of small birds. The sky looked so blue, but my heart felt like ash. Empty, weak, even a little push will blow it away.

I grip my bag on my shoulder, trying to figure out where to go today. After days of avoiding Eddy, I felt bored and stressed jumping around from my desk and bed. So, I told him I want to visit the campus.

It feels depressing seeing Eddy's mood lately. Even though I always wished that someday he will look at me, but it still hurts. His affections, his worry showing on his face made me troubled so much, knowing that won't last long. I pretended I was oblivious, yet I totally know that he seems pretty guilty seeing me be a sudden reclusive person and notice that I'm hiding something.

I sigh. The thing is, I don't really want him to find out about it. Not if he has to go.

I just want him to be happy on his own, it will be the best for both of us that way. So when I have to send him off, I won't have to worry someone breaks him anymore, like Kelly did. That's just enough.

"Ouch!" I said suddenly, bumping into someone, because I didn't see the road ahead. Some books dropped because of the bump. I quickly glance and immediately said, "Oh my God, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"

I helped the person to get the things she dropped. It's a long-haired girl, a little taller than me. "I'm really sorry."

The girl shakes her head and smile. "It's okay, I wasn't paying attention either. I'm looking for someone's house here."

"Oh? Can I help you?" I asked. "I know the area quite well, maybe I can guide you."

She raised her eyebrows. "Oh? Aren't you busy yourself?"

I shake my head. "No. I was just finding some fresh air. Uh, where do you want to go?"

"See, my brother give me this address," She gives me a little paper. "I'm here to find where he lives right now because he's not in his previous home."

I quickly glance to the paper and read the address written there. My smile slowly faded reading alphabet to alphabet, starting over and over again to make sure I read the address correctly.

"Uh, do you know where that is?" the girl asked me again after a while.

I glance to her blankly. "....Are you sure this is the address?"

"Huh? Yeah, I think. What's wrong? Is the address weird or something?" she asked, confused of my reaction.

"U-Um..." I looked away from her, then say, "Follow me."

I put the paper in my pocket and walk first. I signal her to follow and just take steps silently.

"Uh, are you okay?" The girl seems trying to catch up with me and looked at me worriedly.

I smile slightly to her. "I'm okay, don't worry."

I let silence accompanied our journey, until we both reached near my apartment. I lead her to one of the room there, casually opens the door with my key.

"Oh? Is this your place?" The girl didn't notice. "I thought you're going to escort me to the address I give you."

I sigh. "The address you gave me... is...."

"Sis?" Haven't finished talking, someone appears from the inside of the room. I already know who that is. I can't believe that my stroll lead me to all of this.

The girl glance and smile. "Eddy! You're really here!"

I just stoned on my place seeing Eddy hugged the girl, from the time I read the paper, I already know that she was his sister. But I didn't expect meeting her like this.

"Why were you so long? I thought you arrived here an hour ago." Eddy said.

"Sorry, I was kinda lost finding this place, until I met her. She lead me here." The girl points at me.

Eddy glance to where she points and stoned too. "Oh... you've both met..."

Yes, that's right. It's funny isn't it, how I and Eddy are so close but I didn't really familiar with his family until now. We always play together, but I only known his parents well. I didn't have a chance to meet his sister that much because she quickly gone overseas.

"I-I gotta go. You can stay on Eddy's room. S-See you two later."

"Y/N! Wait!" Eddy sounds running to the door, but I already gone too far from my room.

---

Eddy's POV

I sigh real hard seeing her gone again. It's really is a mess. She apparently didn't go to the campus if she bumped into my sister like this. Has she found out that I was going to leave sooner?

Has she found out that I didn't inform her anything about it? Is she mad at me right now?

"Eddy?" My sister called softly. "Is something going on?"

I looked down for a moment, then glance to her. "Let me help you with your luggage first."

I slowly escort her to my room and let her put her things near my desk. I silently watch her until she looked at me again.

"So...?" She asked. "Why do you live here, who is she and what's going on between you guys?"

I looked down. "She's... She's the Y/N I played with since I was little.  She's... the bestest friend I ever had and she let me lived here because... I was in a horrible state back then..."

It's normal if his sister didn't really recall Y/N that much because I guess the last time they met is like... 10 years ago? They have been acquainted though, maybe Y/N didn't really remember either.

"Okay, so what happened?"

"Before that, you didn't tell her anything about Mom and Dad, did you?" I asked.

As Belle shakes her head, I began to storytell everything to Belle. The time when Y/N always helped me, Kelly's threat, Y/N's sudden change of attitude, my valentine's gift, even what happened on my birthday last time.

Belle listens to me patiently and sometimes surprised by what has happened. Without her noticing, I have gone through a lot of things with Y/N and I totally can't ignore it.

She sighs after I finished my story. She closed her eyes, seems thinking and then glance to me. "So you both are on a cold war now?"

I also sigh. "I already focused on my depression so long, I didn't know how to make things back. Even when I tried to be nice to her in return for her hospitality to me, I can't seem to make things good again."

"Then what about your uni? You know Mom and Dad won't accept you drop out of school."

I didn't answer, I just shake my head, showing I totally have no idea. I'm sure I won't be able to focus on my thesis if I go on with a branched mind like this.

"Well, if you really have to finish things first here, I'll go talk to Mom and Dad for you. But promise me to make sure all of these will turned out fine, okay?" Belle finally said.

I smile to her slightly. "Thanks, Sis."

Belle nods and give a pat on my shoulder. "You should really talk heart to heart with her too, I'm sure she's not mad at you."

"Heart to heart?" I look at her in confusion.

Belle smiles. "Let me get this straight, Eddy. Are you in love with her?"

Eddy wide his eyes hearing the question. He looked away, didn't know how to answer.

"I still love Kelly, Sis. What are you talking about?" I stand up from my seat and take some steps to lead myself to the window. "I know I decided to forget the past but that doesn't mean I can easily jumped to someone else."

Belle chuckles hearing my answer, I don't know what's funny. She always feels like an expert when it comes to these things.

To be continued :)