June & August: Eddy

June 2014

I sat at the piano again, has been countless times by now. I played some random mellow notes there, to represent my heart.

I have been living in this apartment a year, but I felt no change at all. I'm still here, waiting for someone who impossibly come back.

Though, I'm still waiting. There's no any other thing that I can do besides that.

I don't get it. Why did this have to happen? Why do I have to experience such a bad thing? What did I do to deserve this?

Slowly my mind flies to my dark memories. The sound of the piano I play always supports it to become clear.

Those days are my happiest. I do everything together with her, including the sad times. We always laugh together whatever the situation. No problem can make us down, at least before that day comes.

I sigh and stop playing after those memories once again starts to tight my heart. My breathe is hurting me, my head is getting heavy. It's always like this every single day.

Kelly... why did you leave me? Why?

BUGH!

I glance to the door when I heard a faint sound of a bag being thrown. Is y/n home already?

I stoned for a moment, then slowly stand up and walk out the practicing room to confirm her homecoming.

As soon as I got into the living room, I see her freezing near the sofa. Her bag is there, but she seems to stun herself.

Honestly I don't really care too much even though she's the one who's been taking care of me, but she just seems to arrive early today.

Her breathe seems abnormal, she looks down to the ground, her hair seems blocking her face there.

"....y/n?" I voice weakly.

She glances to me, seems like just realizing I already stand near her for quite a while. Her expression looked weird.

"Oh, Eddy!" She quickly smiles and turn around to me. "Sorry, I didn't see you there."

I looked at her with a flat expression. I didn't know how to react to that sudden change of face even though I'm close to her. "Um... Did something happen?"

She shakes her head and keeps her smile stay. "No. I'm just tired. I got quite a lot of revisions from the supervisor, that's all."

Revision? Oh, it's about the thesis, huh? There's nothing wrong then, right?

"Oh," I nod awkwardly. "Okay then."

After that I just walk back from there to leave her be. There's nothing I can do about it if it's about the college, then.

---

August 2014

I'm back to the piano to just kill time with those dark days. Maybe people will notice me as a weirdo, just sitting here randomly and not progressing on anything. Some might think that I'm totally insane. But I won't care. I just do what I can do to survive this life of trash. They are not wrong anyway.

Y/N is out since the morning again today to see her supervisor. Probably going to be late since she wants to go get groceries for lunch too. So, I'll just babysit this apartment until she gets back.

I walk to my room after I get bored with the awkward practice I've done, then just stare at what's inside.

I used to have a lively bedroom, with posters, a clean desk, textbooks and music related stuff. But now, I barely touch my things. The only thing I do besides playing the piano is only scribbling on a paper. My desk only contains paper and pencils. Other than that, my bedroom is clean untouched.

I open my drawer besides the study desk. There is a bundle of paper which I haven't care about since I moved here.

I grab that bundle with my hands, then stare at the date that scribbled up in the corner. May 2013. Literally a month before that incident came to me.

Even seeing Y/N progressing impressively didn't make me keep my spirit to finish my thesis. I should be finished a year before her because I started my research one semester earlier. But I just... don't.

I felt useless. There's no one encouraging me anymore. I have no motivation to do anything. I just want my moodbooster back.

I glance to the desk. That desk is proof how depressed I am since then. She's still there. In my arms.

But unfortunately, it's just a photo.

I never encountered her anymore since that day, and I have no good reason to go to campus. No one cares about me, why do I even live until this day?

My heart has broke down. And no one can fix it except Kelly. But... when will she come back for me? Is it even possible hoping for her return?

To be continued :)