October (2): You

Hello! I came back with the  new chapter :)

---

October 2014

Since that incident with Kelly, I've been limiting myself to talk much with Eddy. I pick the words so carefully, avoiding the probabilities of hurting him.

Daily life of his has been sank again. His face slowly turns dark. His eyes getting tired and tired, as if he didn't sleep at all. I feel so pity for him.

I didn't expected Kelly to be that rude to him, though. That day she slapped him, Eddy finally spills out the tea to me about what happened.

While they were happy as can be to my eyes, they actually don't. Eddy loved her so sincerely, that he has done everything for her. Bring her some box lunches, play her some tunes, help her study, even buying her stuffs like clothes and bags.

But that day just happened too fast. Kelly suddenly decided to broke up with him just because she had someone else that she thought he was better than Eddy. She apparently didn't see Eddy the same way.

It happened so fast to him that he really can't take it anymore and decided to visit me, where I found him in a horrible state. The thing is, I wasn't ready for it too.

Flashback, June 2013

I put a tray of porridge and water in my sidetable. I wet a little handkerchief in the bowl of hot water, then put it on the boy's forehead who's currently lay unconcious on my bed.

My eyes stare with sorrow, all the years I've befriended with this man, never for a second I saw him this bad. His sudden presence in front of my door shocked me so much.

"....Y/N....?" The man open his eyes slowly, looked at me blankly.

I smile slightly to him. "Are you okay, Eddy? Anything hurt?"

The man stare at me with a sad expression. "Everything."

I furrowed my eyebrows. I slowly became panic. "Everything? Are you sick? Uh... Should I call a doctor for you?"

Eddy grabbed my hand to stop my panic. We both stare each other in silence again, with my confusion all over my mind.

"Kelly... She's gone."

I widened my eyes, can't believe what I just heard. "W-What?"

"I can't go back home. There are too much memories there." Eddy said again, seems didn't want to explain further. My confusion went deeper and deeper, but I can't help but felt tight hearing his weak voice.

"Um... you can stay here for a while if you want..." I said.

"Thanks..." Eddy said weakly. He gave me a very little smile. My cheeks grew red when he suddenly pulled me into his chest. He hugged me with his remaining energy.

I felt a wet sensation on my shoulder after we stayed at the hug for a while. I was surprised. My body started to tremble hearinh his sobs. This is probably the first time he cried since he was a little boy.

My hands slowly pat both of his shoulders, trying to return the hug. Even though I didn't understand what happened, I just want him to receive some comforts. "It's okay, Eddy... I'm here."

My ears didn't hear anything but sobs. My heart sank. That was probably the moment I realize I was in love with him. Seeing him so down made me weak. I can't think anything other than I want to make him happy again. His cheerful smile, his laugh that I saw daily, I can't lose them.

---

Today, October 2014

Now, after all these horrible months he's been through, it's really sad knowing that I still can't help him.

I glance to my bedroom wall, there's a paper I stick there that says "Thesis, 3 days to go!". I stare at it with a tight feeling.

Three more days to my thesis defence and I feel so down, because of seeing the man I love felt horrible all day.

After I know the whole story about him and Kelly, I can't ignore my feelings anymore. These sorrow, tight, undeniable feeling haunts my heart.

Maybe if Eddy can come to my defence day, I will be a little better about this. But... will he?

I took a step out of my bedroom and smile when I see Eddy holding his violin at the center room. He sits at the sofa and seems pondering at the instrument.

"Hey," I approach and sits beside him, forcing him to glance. "You're finally letting your violin breath some air again."

We both stare at each other in silence for a moment, my heart speeds up as Eddy's eyes blankly locked at mine, until he voiced.

"Is that a good thing?"

I nod to him. "Of course. You've been stuck in the piano for quite a while, I bet your violin misses you."

"Hmm..." His glare moved to his violin again on his right hand. "I wonder if Kelly missed my playing too?"

My smile faded in a second as he said that. But, my hand pats his back after. He seems to be still thinking about the incident she slapped him. He never accepts the truth until this point.

I know. I indeed know he NEVER noticed my feeling for him.

"I'm sure she does." I said.

Eddy glance back. "Really?"

I shut my mouth and looked away. No. She won't. I would like to say that straightforward to him about Kelly. That she's not coming back, that she really left him for good, but...

Eddy sighs. "You finished your thesis, right?"

I nod slowly. In fact, that was my intention in the first place. Within these tension between us, I would like to inform him about it.

"My thesis defence will be three days from now," I look at him doubtfully. "Um... will you-"

"I'll wait for you here, then." Eddy suddenly cuts my sentence, making me flinched.

"Uh-" I didn't expected him to say that, since I intentionally want to invite him to the campus to give me some support. It has been heavy for me.

But, no. I guess that's just a dream, after all. Oh well.

Eddy glance again to me, seems like realizing that I wanted to say something. "What?"

I looked down, then shake my head with a fake smile again. "No, it's nothing. I'll go make some dinner for us, okay?"

Eddy's head follows my movements, but I can't look back at him. I walk away to the kitchen before my eyes gets wet. I don't want to cry in front of him.

Am I the only who cares?

To be continued :)

How is it? Did the chapter made you feel anything? I felt like it's missing something but it's... good enough? I guess? :')