Eddy's Gift Part 3

Hi! Before we start, I just wanna say Fantasia is aMaZinGgG! I fell in love with the music, the concept, everything!

---

"Ouch!"

I stopped your doings and looked at Eddy with worry. As we both sat on the sofa, Eddy has winced in pain several times while I touch his wound with a cotton.

Those gangster. Eddy's temple really got it hard. After he blocked their attacks against me, they fought. It was scary, specially until Eddy got punched.

Gangsters being mean as ever, taking every opprtunity they can to hit Eddy for being a nuisance on their time. Eddy is already lost at numbers too, if only I could help him.

I screamed his name when he fell to the ground. Without waiting anything, I tried to call him to keep him concious, but his voice is already so weak. So I decided to carry him myself to the apartment.

"Did it really hurt?" My voice can barely come out. Guilty still controls me seeing the red marks on his temple.

Eddy shakes his head and smiles slightly. "Don't worry. It will eventually heal."

I tilt my head down. "I'm sorry, Eddy. You fought them for me. I..."

"Hey, don't blame yourself. It's natural for me to help people I know." Eddy looked at me and lift my chin to force me to look at him again. "And I can't simply just waltz away when I see you're in danger, you know?"

"Yeah, but still, all of these happened because of me. And my groceries are a mess too." I sigh.

Eddy chuckles. He stands from the sofa and looks at me. "Come on, let's go."

"Huh?" I said while Eddy walks without waiting for me. I quickly follow him. "Hey, what are you gonna do?"

"What do you think?" Eddy responded as he prepares tools and materials for cooking in the kitchen. He smiles. "Come on, we're going to starve if we don't start now."

"You don't have to do it. I can prepare the dinner for you. You haven't healed yet." I said.

"Don't worry! It's not that I'm seriously injured. I can still help you. Besides, it'll be quicker if we work together, right?"

I sigh once more. Eddy looks more determined today, I can't fight his words all the time.

"Okay then," I said. "Is fried rice okay?"

Eddy nods. Then, we start the cooking.

Honestly, I didn't expect Eddy to be good at this. I never really saw him making food before, but I guess it's a good entertainment.

Sometimes he messed up when he cuts the ingredients and accidentally messed with the frying techniques, but somehow, I can't help but smile to his mistakes. Red tints starting to warm my face, as I look at him more.

After we finished cooking, we immediately serve the food on the table and enjoy it. I'm happy experiencing this, in the apartment, only the two of us, laugh and eat together.

Even after I lived with him for a while, today's dinner feels a bit different. I don't know why. It feels like we hava forgotten that we were having a cold war the other day.

"This is delicious, Eddy. Thank you so much." I said after I finished the meal.

Eddy smiles at my statement. "Are you doing anything after this?"

"Hmm, maybe I will do a bit of my thesis. Then, take a rest." I said as I scratch my nape.

"Oh," Eddy said. "Then after you finished with your thesis, would you care to accompany me on a movie night?"