Promise

Author POV

Now Eddy is feeding Y/N in the room with the smell of the drugs. He's never been absent from taking care of her, making sure Y/N is comfortable with her life. But also be alarmed, so that Eddy does not mention anything that makes her stressed.

A tiny smile is always shown from her lips everytime she finished chewing her favorite food that I brought. Her health is still recovering, but it's a good thing that she's been having a great appetite, and also taking her medicine so well.

Belle will be departing soon to the hometown again, so it's up to Eddy to make her comfortable. To be honest, he's quite nervous about this. He often think about himself, will he be a good guardian for her? Can he do it all by himself?

Eddy helps her to drink the medicines after lunch is over. He patiently grab the glass for her, then lay her on the bed again.

"Is your head hurting?" Eddy asked as he covers her body with a blanky.

She shakes her head.

"Anywhere else is okay?" Eddy asked again. He sits beside the bed.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just tired."

"Okay then," Eddy let out a sigh. "Have a good rest now. You'll be coming home tomorrow, so regain your strength back more, Y/N."

She nods. "Uh..."

"Hm?"

Y/N's injected hand slowly reach out to his, placing it on top. "Can you wait for me while I sleep?"

A jolt of tiny electric spread all over his body. He already tries to not touch her during his patrol in the hospital, this feels fully shocking, yet warming.

It's true, Eddy always here whenever she rest. Whether her eyes are wide open or shut closed, he tries to be the first person she notice in the eyes. But she never asked him herself to stay. Eddy is always the one who told her that he would never ever left.

Eddy smiles. "I will be going to the campus for a little errand, but I definitely come back here again for you."

"Oh..." Y/N said. "Is it important?"

"Well, it's probably the last time I'll go there, because my graduation documents is complete," Eddy smiles. He stares at her with a soft expression. "What's wrong, Y/N?"

Y/N shakes her head. "I was just wondering how my campus is doing, since you said I supposed to be doing a thesis."

Eddy sighs. "It's okay, Y/N. I already give them a call as you requested, so they should understand."

"I guess, but..." Y/N looks sad.

Eddy's inner feelings are always weak and afraid looking at the sorrow. The sympathy he felt gets deeper and deeper everytime she brought something melancholy up. His body trembles, countless times his wish to hug her, stroke her hair reach the peak. But, he really didn't want to have too much contact with her for a while.

Fear of falling too deep into his feelings still controls him.

Eddy smiles. "I promise I will help you with your studies after you're done here."

Y/N's face light up with hope. "Really?"

Eddy nods. "I'm sure of it. Now then, just take some rest, okay? You don't have to worry about a thing. Everything will be fine."

Soon after, Y/N really gone to the dreamland. Eddy prepares a glass of water on the sidetable for her to drink, just in case she wakes up before he comes back.

He quietly took a final glance to Y/N before he leaves the room, then tries to finished his errand as soon as he can.

Eddy convinced himself to not worry, as Belle is probably on her way to the hospital too because she just finished her work. She will be protecting her when he's away.

--

The campus is always been a gloom since Eddy came back for his studies. Bunch of eyes always stare directly to him, whispers tickling his ears, even some lecturer talks behind his back. He just knows.

It's nothing new, actually. Eddy already expect he will bait some of the people's attention, as he is Kelly's ex. Some rumors must have spread long before he came back.

But he won't hold back anymore. He already takes a step out of the darkness, he won't turn back.

After all, he promised himself to get up, to make up for all the things Y/N has done for him. He wanted to do the same for her, to cheer her up, to live a life. That's why he won't care about what people said anymore.

"Thanks for completing the documents," the campus thank me as Eddy handed the documents he need to participate the graduation ceremony.

"Thanks," Eddy responds. He turn his back, to hurry to the hospital again.

As he walk fast out of the administration center, he bump into someone running and made them fall aback.

"Ah!"

Luckily Eddy is fast enough to save the person he bump into during the panic and quickly catch them in the waist.

They both in a shock when they see each other's face. Time instantly froze in that pose as Eddy feels his heart trembles realizing who he's saving.

---

Y/N's eyes opens slowly, showing a white ceiling in front of her. Her mind's still gathering the conciousness, as someone voice to her ears.

"You woke up."

Y/N glance to the source of the voice, then smiles slightly seeing someone familiar to her.

"Did you have a good sleep, Y/N?" A smile is given back to her.

Y/N nods. "It was nice, Belle. Uh..."

The sick girl examines the whole room with a blank face, seems looking for someone.

"Oh, are you looking for Eddy?" Belle asked seeing her behaviour, making her glance back. "He hasn't back yet, he will be soon maybe."

"Oh, okay," Y/N nods. "Um, what time is it?"

"It's five in the evening," Belle said. "Are you hungry, Y/N? I brought some food I cook for you."

Y/N shakes her head, her voice somehow weaken. "No, not yet."

Belle chuckles and stroke her hair softly. "Don't worry about Eddy, I'm sure he's fine."

"...."

"Here, drink first." Belle helps Y/N to sit on the bed. She grab a glass of water provided on the sidetable and help her clear her throat.

Y/N didn't refuse, as she swallows all the water through her throat, thinking about why Eddy hasn't come yet. But yeah, maybe he's still at the errand.

To be continued :>