May: You & Eddy

May 2015

Y/N stops her track when she saw Eddy at the backyard with some boxes. She looked at him from the door, following his movements to whatever he's doing with them.

It's not actually a backyard, but more like an open balcony that looks like a backyard.

He wipes his sweats with his palm, then seems like organizing the contains of one of the box. His face looks pretty tired to her eyes.

Y/N stands quite a while seeing the man busy with himself there. Her mind flies to think how he is still not lively, but at least not as depressed as before.

The piano she have has been quite for a few days now, everytime she woke up, she sometimes found Eddy still asleep in his room with his tired eyes.

Everything started to feel... different.

I wonder if this is a good thing?

As far as she knows, Eddy didn't act differently throughout his eating time with her. Everytime they finished on the kitchen, they both just wash the dish together and he's back to his room again, with her unaware about what is he doing.

They barely talk, but still have some good friendship. He just doesn't feel like open-minded yet.

Y/N takes a step when she withness how Eddy carry the box with his hand, leaving the other for later. She approach him and takes the other box with her remaining energy. It's a little heavy, but she wants to help him.

Eddy glance to her with a surprised look. He didn't expect her to jump right in and help him. They both share each other's stare, until Y/N smiles.

"I'll help you carry this." She voice softly.

"Um... it's heavy, though... I want to take it outside..." Eddy said with an unsettle feeling.

"It's okay, I... I can handle it." Y/N insists, yet her fingers is already secretly struggling with it. But she's certain that she can do it, her room is only the second floor of the apartment, after all.

Eddy's eyes glance to it for a second, then sighs. He can't stall anymore time. "Come on then."

Y/N and Eddy slowly walks to the front door, carefully takes some steps through the stairs and put the boxes side by side on the sidewalk.

"What are these, Eddy?" Y/N asked curiously. She sees a bunch of random things in the box. Some paper, envelope, photo frame and lots of other things.

Eddy didn't answer. He grabs out something from his pocket. He looks at Y/N. "Stay back a little."

"Oh." She takes a step back, move her position to behind Eddy. Without further ado, the man quickly puts in a fire in those boxes. Y/N instantly widen her eyes.

Eddy seems clenching his fists after he do it, his head is down as he drops the lighter from his hand, and Y/N can hear some heavy breathing from him. Could those be...

"This is goodbye."

Wait, what?

"I have to go."

Y/N tilt her head down hearing his sentences. Her chest suddenly feels tight. Is this really the end of their friendship?

"It's useless for me to stay here, I should be moving on."

The tense Y/N felt keeps getting deeper and deeper. She bit her lip, her hands clench into a fist too, holding the feelings that has been staying in her heart for years. Is he really going to leave her alone again?

What did she do wrong? Is it because of the last time they kissed? Or is it because he just didn't want to stay with her? What's happening?

"Uh, if you say so, then..." Y/N tries to talk, but her voice cracked. "Go, move on. I'm... always support you."

Eddy silents for a while. They waited until the fire burns the boxes half way, letting the silence slowly killing them.

"You don't have to worry about me, Y/N. I'll be okay." Eddy voice again, still staring at the boxes with a deadpan face.

Y/N silents. She can't answer, she don't want to. This happened so quick and all she can think is how is she going to deal with lonliness again after this. Her hand wipes her teary eye.

After the fire really finished all of the things in the box, Eddy sighs as he takes a final look to them. He wipes both of his eyes for a while, then turn his back to Y/N. His eyes widen, seeing Y/N's head down.

"Uh, Y/N?" Eddy feels confused. His   hands cupped her face to force her to look at him. Her teary eyes has made a stream through her cheeks. "W-Wait... w-why are you crying?"

Y/N slowly puts down his hand from her face and shakes her head. Her hand wipes her eyes again as she replied, "N-No. I'm fine. It's nothing, hehe."

Eddy silents for a moment, didn't believe her answer one bit. "....Are you sure? You can tell me if-"

"I'll be okay, Eddy," Y/N said quickly. She fake smiled. "It's nice having you around but... Come on, y-you have to get ready too, right?"

Eddy looked at Y/N deeply. "Are you thinking of expelling me from here?"

Y/N looked back with a scared look. "B-But you said..."

Eddy sighs, then look back to the burnt boxes. Y/N follows his views.

"I burnt those to clean my room from the past," Eddy said. "Those things are... my memories with Kelly."

"W-What?"

"I still love her, I really do," Eddy said it painfully. "But I'll never reach her again. She's gone. Keeping all those things made me even worse."

Y/N silents, keep being a good listener to the continution.

"I don't know if doing this will help me, but I really have to go. I can't stay in those dark days anymore. My heart can't take it." Eddy continues.

"Oh..."

"But I don't intend to leave your apartment. It's not like that." Eddy glances to Y/N again. His eyes sadden. "Or... Am I a bothersome now?"

Y/N quickly shakes her head with a fast speed, fearing Eddy will misunderstood. "You're not! And never gonna be!"

Eddy looked at her with a surprised face.

Y/N gulps and tilt her head down. "You're... you're my best friend and I... want to always help you the best I can."

Eddy smiles. He place his hand on top of her head and stroke her hair to tilt her head up. "Then, I'll be here, until I recover, at least."

She smiles back. Deep down inside she realize something. Even though Eddy has been accompanying her almost a year in the apartment, there's gonna be the time that Eddy will definitely go back to his own. This won't stay forever, but what will happen when that time arrives? She totally loved his accompaniment here, will she have to let him go again?

Is there even a choice to keep him stay?

To be continued :)