May: Eddy

This chapter is inspired by twoset's ig story of Eddy's evening practice :)))

---

They say hardwork would pay off if we're serious doing something. And that is just what Y/N and I do along the way, working on the thesis with full focus.

Until the day has come. She submitted it and the schedule of her defense has been announced.

It will be this Friday, a few days later from now.

I was smiling when I knew about it, then encourage her to study properly and ensure her that she can do it. I'm definitely going to pay her campus a visit when she is going to have her defense.

It was different than the ones I experienced. I got the odd semester period, while she's the other. Both our campus has two periods of thesis defense.

---

I slowly play a piece in the living room. Several notes flows through my bow, gently accompanying the early sunny morning.

Yes, it's not the piano anymore. It's been a long time since I last entertain myself with my only violin.

Things has change and I think I really need to leave my old way of life. That's why, i'm playing this right now before Y/N wakes up. Hopefully she will happy hearing some beautiful notes when she open her eyes again.

🎵 Merry Go Round of Life - Howl's Moving Castle 🎵

It's been so long since I've played the violin that I've forgotten how intense I feel when I animate the piece I play.

This theme that flows through my bow is one of the pieces that Y/N and I used to listen together so much. How nostalgic.

"...Eddy?"

That voice made me and smile. I put my violin on its place and walk to the sleepy girl.

"You're awake." I said.

She nods while rubbing her eyes. "I have a long night, your violin playing woke me up."

"Hehe, I hope you have a pleasant morning with that," I grin. "It's going to be the defense soon, huh?"

She chuckles softly. "Yeah... I'm nervous to be honest."

"Nah... I know you can do it, Darl— I mean, Y/N." My cheeks went warm for a second. What am I saying?

"Where's Belle?" She asked as she look at me with clear view.

"Oh, she said she went to get some snacks nearby for your brunch," I smile. "I've made you some omellete. Wanna eat?"