Feeling Useless

Your POV

My eyes stare at the window once again with a blank expression. I'm currently alone again as Belle excuse herself to go to the toilet.

It's seven in the evening and Eddy still not back. That boy who always here to see my health progress, he's still out there, wherever he is.

My mind has no memories of him, neither about Belle. But I guess I'm just grateful that they both seemed care about me when I woke up from my sleep.

Belle said he's my best friend, and she's his sister. I don't even know if it's true or nah. My body is too tired to think about anything.

I did ask him to stay during my sleep, since he already give me some comforts ever since I opened my eyes. I just thought that it's nice to have someone around.

I have a daily dose of emptiness everyday because I can't do anything with the IV injection stuck on my hand, but today somehow all seemed way more painful.

He said he won't be long, but... why hasn't he come back yet?

---

Author's POV

Eddy spend his time on a cliff where he and Y/N saw the sunset before sighing. He lean on the tree and just stare at the sky with a similiar expression as Y/N's at the hospital.

He was planning to get back as soon as he finished all the errand he needs to get done on the campus, but everything change when he met her again.

Flashback...

"E-Eddy?"

Eddy was frozen to see that beautiful face. His eyes gleamed at her as he's still holding her waist. After this entire time, after all of his decision has made, why did he have to see this lovely face again?

Eddy slowly help her to stand again as he regain himself. He sighed and looked away from her before he answer the call.

"Kelly..." His weak voice mumbled. "...What are you doing here?"

"O-Oh, I just meet my lecturer," Kelly said with a doubt voice. "Um, I'm meeting my boyfriend on the second floor."

"Oh... You're okay now, right?" Eddy smiles slightly to her. "Well, I... I should really get going. Bye."

Eddy quickly took a step away from her before he got back to his past and make the mistakes again. But as he walked away, Kelly called him again.

"How are things going for you, Eddy?"

Eddy stopped his track and silented by her voice. He glance back slowly after a few seconds, withnessing her smiling to him.

He didn't smile back. In fact, he can't. He already gone through so much sorrow just to mourn his feelings for her. Now that he can slowly move on, he didn't want to step backwards all over again.

Noticing Eddy froze himself, Kelly frowned seeing him. It's been years. And Kelly at least wanted to say hi nicely again after what she have done to him. But she seemed aware that Eddy is still uncomfortable to see her.

"It's been great. Totally," Eddy said, with a tiny smile from him. "You don't even have to worry about my life, Kelly..."

Kelly's face lightened up. "Oh, really?"

Eddy chuckled, then just stepped away for good. He didn't dare to answer even further.

Present...

Eddy tilt his head down, sighing his never ending suffer. Even though he tried to get up once more, he's still need to face this situation.

It's not that Eddy wanted to avoid it, but apparently, after what happened today, he's still haven't ready yet.

With all the things that have happened between him and Kelly, his suffer all this years in the apartment, his complicated friendship with Y/N, also the amnesia she got right now. Eddy can't think of anything. It's too soon to let it go.

This weird feeling he had for Y/N lately, is still confusing him too. But he didn't want to think about it right now because all that matters is Y/N's health. All other things should wait or his head will burn.

Drrt... Drrt...

Eddy grab his phone from his pocket as soon as it vibrates, he caught his sister's name on the screen.

"Hello?" Eddy answers with a flat voice.

"Hey! What's with your voice? Anyway, where are you? Shouldn't you have got back here from the evening?" Belle's voice immediately bombed his ear.

Eddy furrowed his eyebrows for a sec, then suddenly remembers something. He quickly got back to his feet and panic.

"U-Uh... Is Y/N okay?!" Eddy asked loudly.

"Well yeah, she's resting now. But she seemed worried about you, so I promised her to call you."

"Oh... Uh, uh, I'll be there in a minute, Sis!" Eddy panicly end the call and get going.

He runs to his car and quickly yet carefully drive back to the hospital. He can't believe he can be this stupid to let his mind control him.

As soon as he arrived, he quickly go to Y/N's room, slowly opens the door and found his sister glance to him and of course, the resting Y/N.

Eddy approach his sister with a regret. He tries to tone his voice down to prevent Y/N from waking up. "I'm sorry I worry you, Sis. I should've told you that I'll be late."

"Did something came up?" Belle asked.

"Well... kinda," Eddy scratches his nape of his neck. "Anyway, you need to pack your things, right? I'll take it from here."

Belle nods and pats Eddy's shoulder. "Then, I'll be off. Take care of Y/N, Eddy."

As Eddy nods, his sister walks out the room, leaving him alone with Y/N. He sighs, then sits on the side of the bed.

His face shows mounting regret, as if he had made a fatal mistake. He couldn't forgive himself for forgetting about what he said to Y/N earlier. He already said that he will go back soon while she rested, but he ended up ignoring her.

Eddy place his curved hands to the bed, staring at Y/N. He looked down, as he says, "I'm really sorry..."

"You probably won't understand how sad I am right now but you must've disappointed."

Eddy sighs again. He encourage himself to pat her head for a moment, at least for an apology for what he did.

"Honestly, these past two years, there's no time when I'm useful to you," Eddy sighs again. "I know... I always much of a bother to you, right?"

Eddy tilt his head down. Contemplating himself being so stupid. Always making her struggle with his unforgivable actions.

He drop his head on top of his hands on the side of the bed, starting to mourn his mistake, as he gets tired in mind and body. He fell asleep there, resting together with her.

To be continued :>