September: You

"Eddy?" I stare at him in front of the door with confusion. I just woke up and he's already right there in a T-shirt and trousers. His face looks fresh with his hair styled up.

Eddy glances as he put on his shoes. He smiles. "Hey. Did you have a good sleep?"

I nod as I approach him. My eyes still scanning his neat appearance. "Where are you going?"

"Oh," Eddy scratches his neck shyly. "I... wanted to settle things in the campus, I guess."

My eyebrows raised. My mind loads longer hearing his answer. "...You made your mind already?"

Eddy turns towards me. "I've been thinking all night about this, so... hopefully."

I silent for a moment, thinking about how to feel about it. Happiness and emptiness blends well inside my heart, if that makes sense. My fists tenses up, doing its job to hold my trembles.

Seriously, I've become a lot weaker since I found out that Eddy's getting better. My fear of losing him grew even more intense.

"Oh, by the way, I've made you some omellette at the table," Eddy voiced again. "Eat up, okay? Belle has already gone for work too."

"What about you?" I asked with a worried tone.

Eddy smiles. "I ate already. I won't be long, don't worry. I'll get going now, okay?"

Eddy's hand took the time to pat my head lightly before he left and my eyes rounded. I'm petrified in place until the presence disappeared from my sight.

My head tilts down, remembering how soft he was last night when he pats me good night, just the right amount to make me stayed up all night.

I was lying when I said I had a good sleep. But I didn't expect he does the same. Maybe if I can be more honest to myself, I wouldn't cause so much trouble for him.

I step to the kitchen, finding that one plate of omellette he made for me. I casually sits and eat them slowly as my mind continues to blank.

The fluffiness of the omellette spreads in my mouth, as my mind started to picture the old times. When we laughed together, played together, even cried together. Those times when we no need to worry about anything.

Until adulthood seperated us. He grew to be a quite young man, someone's man. And I'm just here, letting my feelings spoil themselves inside despite of the pain.

As I do the dishes, I'm thinking of buying something for Eddy in return of this delicious meal. Hmm... maybe...?

--

Author's POV

That night, Eddy has just got home. Yes. He did said that he won't be long, but unfortunately things got in the way. He ended up have to wait and settle things longer than he thought.

His face can't stop showing his worry as he got inside. The plastic on his hand swings slowly, making little sounds that caught in his ear.

It is some food and drinks he bought for an apology. He really hopes Y/N doesn't get upset.

He walks to the kitchen while calling Y/N softly. But he didn't hear any responds until he steps in the destination.

Eddy puts the food in the table and  starts to wash his hands for a moment. His eyes scan the room in and out, and realizing Y/N seems nowhere to be found.

"Did she step out?" He asked doubtfully. He checks his phone in case he missed some messages from her. But nope, nothing is there.

He glance to the table again, thinking maybe he won't be eating dinner with Y/N today. He decides to open to the fridge, to get some refreshment, although he knows her fridge is never filled with some soft drinks or anything. She only stores cold water.