October: Eddy

I tidy up the stack of paper that I printed from the print shop. I smiled a little looking at the pen ink on top of my computer-typed words. My supervisor finally approved all of my thesis material.

After this, I just have to ace my thesis defense.

I put the papers on the corner of my desk as I let out a sigh of relief. To think I used to reject the thesis I'm working on because of the heartbreak, I can say I'm really proud of myself for the progress I've made.

Y/N is currently out to her campus to search some inspiration for her own thesis, but I think she will be back soon. Even though we ended up not graduating together, I guess I can say we're in the same boat now. We're struggling for our academics's sake.

This way, I wouldn't have to disappoint my family for my failure, Y/N too.

Once again I must say, after all of the hospitality she has given me, this is the least I can do for her.

Hopefully, she can smile again seeing my success.

"Hmm, someone's in a good mood," a voice suddenly scattered my mind.

I glance to the source of the voice reflexively and take a deep breathe. My face shows an annoyed face. "Belle, can you not startled me like that?"

"Hahaha, what are you doing standing in front of the desk anyway?" Belle just laughs.

"No, nothing, I'm just tidying my desk from the my thesis papers," I walk to the bed and decided to chill there.

"Oh, you're done?" Belle smiled as she approach the bed as well to sit beside me. "That's good, Eddy."

"Yeah," I said. A blank mind acrossed my mind when I said it, as my voice weaken. "....Yeah."

"Wait, what's wrong?" Belle seems glances to me. "You don't sound so happy about it."

"Uh..." I glance back to her. "N-No, I'm just thinking, it's a month left before you go back, and..."

"You still don't know what to do to Y/N?" Belle guessed. "You both been studying hard together lately, aren't you both chill now?"

"I know, but... I'm still not sure about something... I don't know why I felt this way," I said as I sigh.

"Felt what?"

"I don't know..." I tilt my head down.

Belle taps my shoulder playfully. "Hey, if you're looking something lack of from you, that would be your courage, bro."

I looked at her in confusion. "Courage?"

"I've talked to Mom and Dad to have mercy on you and they said you could stay here until next year," Belle said again. "So be a man and have courage to tell her how you feel, you little-"

"Wait! Mom and Dad... did?" I raised my eyebrows hearing her statement. "A-And w-w-what do you mean I have to tell her, I didn't-"

Belle chuckles. "Oh come on, bro, I already told you. You're in love. You must felt you have to return her kindness because you want her to be happy with you, right? You don't want her to be sad because of you again, right?"

I silents and let out a hard sigh, thinking hard to look for answers about this. But worldly things are just not that easy to understood.

Drrt... drrt...

Belle and I flinched instantly because of the vibrate from the side table. She helps me get my phone and give it to me.

Y/N Calling...

was what I see as soon as I get it. I paused for a moment staring at the screen, then turned towards Belle with a feeling of uneasiness.

Belle furrowed her eyebrows. "What are you waiting for? Answer it!"

I get my mental ready for awhile before I answer it. "Hello...? Y/N....?"

But what I heard on my ear is something way unexpected. My eye wides, hearing an unfamiliar voice. A voice of a guy.

"Is this Eddy?"

"Uh, yes... who is this?" I answer as I glance to Belle with a confused feeling.

"I'm Ray, Y/N's college friend. Um, can you possibly go to the hospital? We really need you right now."

"Wha...? What do you mean you need me? Why do you have Y/N's phone with you?!" I still have no idea about this.

"I'll explain everything to you when you get here. I just happened to be here and Y/N got into an accident. I'm sure she needs you right now."

I fell silent from what I just heard. My body instantly trembles, my tongue clenched as I glance to Belle again. My face expression fell to shocked state. "Y/N got into... an accident....?"

To be continued :)