True Feelings

Author POV

Dinner feels awkward for me since that confession Y/N made yesterday. As Eddy tastes the juicy of the beef he cooked for th both of them, he can clearly recall how Y/N smoothly said that she loves him. The look on her face looked convincing and filled with fear at the same time. Eddy couldn't processed it at all.

Once again, Eddy felt conflicted with his own feelings. That moment is probably one of the things he have waited for so long, but there are other things he has been worrying.

That moment when Y/N called his name with a scared tone, and how she really didn't believed that he's still here in her apartment. Eddy didn't get why she can think that way, when she always act calmly in everyday life. That was the first time Y/N looked terrified of losing him.

However, Eddy was glad that he can accepted Y/N's feelings calmly. Though he hadn't confess back, but at least he can keep her smile shine.

--

"I love you." Y/N said with a tremble. Some deep fear shows from her eyes. It's almost like she didn't want Eddy to go.

Eddy was stunned with the confession. He wide his eyes out, trying to neutralize his speeding heartbeat all of a sudden.

"Uh... I-" His words restrained. He looked away from the latter and felt his cheeks warmed up. "W-What are you saying...?"

Y/N grew her eyes wider in disbelief, then slowly frowned to his umexpected answer. She looked away with her cheeks red and felt really embarrased herself.

"Uh, just forget it, Eddy. I-" Y/N tried to fix things up. "I-I said something weird, am I?"

Eddy quickly glanced to Y/N again and smiled calmly. He kneeled beside the bed and placed his hand to her head. "It's not weird, Y/N. I'm happy you say that to me."

"R-Really?" Y/N stare at Eddy deeply. Her eyes showed some high hopes.

Eddy chuckled a bit, then plant a light kiss to her forehead. He constantly stroke her head softly.

"Fine. I'll stay here with you as long as you want. We can go eat together when you feel like it. Okay?" Eddy smiled, as she did too.

--

Sometimes Eddy want to selfishly think. Could it be? That she already recall her memories again? Did she really remember all about them?

If that's really true, then he would no longer need anything else anymore.

"Um, Eddy..." Y/N's voice suddenly scattered his curled mind.

"Uh, yeah?" Feeling surprised, Eddy quickly smiles to her to hide his dilemma inside.

"You're really quiet today. Did I do something wrong?" Y/N asked with a frowned on her face, as she already ate a big portion of beef and miso soup.

Eddy shakes his head without getting rid of the smile. "I'm fine, Y/N. Why would I not be okay when you're eating so well?"

Y/N sighs and grins. "That's not what I meant. I uh... never mind."

Eddy scratches the nape of his neck with embarrasment, then just asks, "Hey, do you feel better now? Need anything?"

"I'm fine, Eddy," Y/N quickly shakes her head. "I'm feeling better after a good night sleep."

"Really? Are you sure? Do you need me to accompany you tonight?"

"N-No. It's okay." Y/N looks away. "You don't have to do that all the time you know. I'm not a baby anymore."

Eddy chuckles, felt how cute Y/N is when she's shy. He takes his time to pat Y/N's head a few times, then continue to eat their hotpot dinner.

After they finished, the both of wash dishes together since hotpot takes a lot of plates to use. Eddy can be seen soaping them, as Y/N wash them one by one on the sink.

There are no conversation during their work, but can't be denied that their kitchen withnesses a few moments when they shared a shy smiles when their eyes met.

"I'll go to sleep early then," Y/N said after they are done for the day. "My head still need some time to chill, I guess."

Eddy smiles. There, in front of Y/N's room, he cups Y/N's face. He bow his face a bit, making their faces meets in a short distance. "Rest well, then, Y/N."

Y/N seemed stunned for a bit, but then immediately freed her face from his hand and nods quickly. Eddy can see clearly that her face slowly turns red.

"O-Okay, g-good night!"

--

As Y/N quickly gets into her room, Y/N feel her cheeks are hitting up more from what Eddy did. She quickly slam herself to the bed and covers her face with a pillow.

Her heartbeat is speeding up, her mind is already screaming how sweet Eddy is today. After that random confession she made, Eddy seemed acting far sweeter that before. It's almost like they are really dating.

How is this happening?! Why does Eddy have to do that?! I'M GOING TO EXPLODE!

Y/N get back to sit in position and take a deep breathe to neutralize her feelings. It's not about his attitude, it's about him all day also.

He woke her up in the morning, made her a nice breakfast, lunch and dinner. He also played her some tunes in the afternoon when they're spending their free time.

This is probably the nicest day from all the days she had going through after she woke up from the car accident.

She glances to the window to look at the sky. She blankly stare at the stars that night, feeling so confused yet warm at the same time. Her two eyes feels at home themself, contemplating the beauty of the night, as she unconciously fantasize Eddy's face appeared there.

"Eddy..." Once again, her cheeks warmed up as she whispers his beautiful name.

Silently she wonders, probably wishes, that Eddy felt the same way as she does.

She knows Eddy said he's happy to know that she loves him. But... who knows? Eddy have someone else anyway...... right?

To be continued :]