Christmas Eve

Hellooo guys! I'm already saying this a bunch of time but sorry for the slow update again. Was going to update yesterday but a heavy headache got me sleep all day.

But i'm better now :]

---

Y/N smiles as she place the last serving of food on the table. She has spent her time searching for recipes and trying to cook a nice dinner for her Christmas Eve.

Luckily she found a few old recipes in the counter, maybe someone have save it for everyday cooking. She quickly learn them, went to the grocery store to try buy all the stuffs she needed and started cooking.

After she finished making the table, she peeks at the window for a while, withnessing the snows has been piling up the streets and trees.

That's when she accidentally saw a few people decorating a tree with some lights and shining peals. Their windows are open wide so she can see them clearly.

Looks nice, is that a Christmas Tree? she thought.

As she waited for Eddy, she glance to the clock.

It's almost six in the evening, Eddy should back in a minute.

Honestly, she didn't know if this would make the man happy. She can only hope that she can have a nice dinner tonight.

It's not just her. Belle also help her out, saying that Eddy didn't like european food. Even though it's just a little, it really make her decide what meals should she make easier.

As she's waiting for Eddy to come home, she stare at the meals on the table with a smile. But that smile didn't last long, as her head starts to feel light.

"Argh..." She hold her head with her hands, as some sounds is getting into her mind again.

Hey, I made ramen for you. Is it good?

Are you still waiting for her? You're missing Kelly again, huh?

I'm sorry I've ruined everything...

She holds the echoed voices that come to her mind. Her closed eyes tenses, her breathe gets heavy for a second. It's terrible.

She slowly controls her breathing, bear with the pain. This has happened a bunch of times since she have come home. Seems like this place really made her think a lot. She didn't know why. Are there really so much memories? And who's voice that was?

Creak...

Y/N calms her down a bit when she heard a door open. She looks at the clock again, it's almost eight apparently.

"Eddy." She greets the man who's taking off his shoes.

He glances and smiles. "Hey. Were you waiting for me?"

Y/N nods. "Umm... are you hungry? It's pretty late now."

"Oh, you haven't eat?" Eddy turn his back towards Y/N. "I have already ate outside, so... shall I cook you something?"

Y/N's smile slowly faded hearing his answer. Suddenly a a feeling of shock mixed with sadness crawled into her heart.

"Uh, Y/N?" Eddy looked at Y/N's expression curiously. "Are you... okay?"

"Uh, I'm okay," Y/N quickly get back to her smiles. "I kinda tried cook myself, I just thought maybe you could try some."

"Oh..." Eddy seemed surprised. He immediately felt uncomfortable hearing her innocent words. Maybe Y/N didn't really understand, but Eddy didn't think that the person he cherished could do this. Especially when she hasn't regain her memories yet.

"Um, Y/N..." Eddy tried to fix the situation. "You really cooked for me? I can eat more if you want."

"Uh, no, no! It's okay, Eddy, I can eat it myself," Y/N said. "Aren't you tired? You should rest. Come on."

Y/N holds Eddy's hand, intending to invite him to his own room. But, Eddy stays at his place, making her look back again.

She feels conflicted seeing Eddy stoned. He looked at her deeply, as their hands still intertwined. There's no expression between them, but their hearts felt exploding slowly with the state.

Y/N softly let go of Eddy's hand. She looked away, felt embarrased holding his hand first. "W-What's wrong, Eddy?"

Eddy sighs. He shakes his head before voicing, "I'll go to my room first, Y/N. You can go ahead to the kitchen."

"Oh, but..."

Eddy didn't hear her answer. Y/N sighs on her place then decides to go back to the kitchen to eat. She scoops some rice, a few of the sidedishes and just eats with a blank face. She thought it will be nice to have dinner with Eddy, Belle said so. But it seems like she was wrong.

What is this feeling? Why does it have to be so painful?

"Wow, so much food today." Eddy suddenly appear in the kitchen.

Y/N is flustered. She quickly stands from her seat. She plays with her hand, lowering her head down. "E-Eddy...?"

Eddy smiles and walk towards her step by step.

"You cooked my favorite dumplings and miso soup," Eddy's soft voice echoed in the kitchen. "Where did you learn all this?"

"I found some recipes in the kitchen and..." Y/N said in embarrasment. "Belle said it will be nice if we have a Christmas Eve dinner."

Eddy silents for a bit, realizing that this is Belle's idea. She must be who taught Y/N to do this, to make a special meal for him.

"But really, I can eat them myself if you have eaten outside. It's okay." Y/N's still looked down, also looked away from Eddy.

Eddy chuckles a bit, then place his hands on top of her shoulders, like a button to make her stare back at Eddy.

"Belle's right, Y/N," Eddy said with a warm smile. "It's Christmas Eve today. We should do something together. It's my fault that I left you alone all day."

Y/N silents for a moment. "Where did you go today?"

"I uh... I met up with Kelly," Eddy looked away, pulling his hand back. "That girl from the other day."

"Oh," Her voice weakens. She asked this as if there's no problem, but with a weird unfamiliar angsty feeling inside. "Did you have fun?"

"Um..." Eddy looked back to Y/N again. "Let's not talk about that, okay?"

"Why?"

"Well, the foods going to be cool soon if we talked too much," Eddy said. A red tint appears on his cheeks as he stand straight again. "I um... I really want to have a nice special dinner with you tonight. Is that... okay?"

Y/N looked at Eddy with the same red cheeks. She slowly smiles. "Can we decorate a Christmas Tree too tomorrow?"

Eddy nods and pats her head as they laugh. In the end, they both spend the night together with some warm chatter and delicious meal. She doesn't understand this, all she feels are happiness. Also relief.

She thinks Eddy treated her so kind today, but the question is still remain in her mind. Why?

To be continued :]