February: Eddy

My eyes focuses on the street as I drive to y/n's campus this morning. A few times I glance through the tip of my eye, seeing y/n sitting silently beside me, without any intention to start a conversation.

I'm clearly delightful when I know Y/N is going to start settling her academics again. She said she don't want to delay her studies even more. Though she knows she will have a hard time continuing with a blank mind, she wanted to do it anyway. She insisted, I see.

But honestly, worry also starting to haunt me. She's been all gloomy since she had a walk for herself yesterday. I can't be sure of myself but I kinda hear her crying in her room last night when I passed by. But she just didn't want to talk about it when I ask.

Sometimes I felt negative, thinking maybe this is also my doing she felt that way. But what did I do?

"Hey y/n," I called, instantly makes her glances. "How about we go to the bakery after this? I'll buy you something there."

"What for?" she asked weakly. "You don't need to spend your money on me, Eddy."

I glance back and forth between her and the street. "Well it's a nice day to eat desserts. Besides, we will have a guest tonight."

"Guest?" She looked confused for a second.

But I just smiles and focus on the driving. "You'll see. Anyway, a tea party still sounds a good idea, you know. Only for the both of us."

She smiles. "Okay then if you insist."

Eddy smiles back. Silence comes back again to carry the situation between them, an awkward one too. But at least, I felt a little relief  the rest of the journey, realizing my little encouragement is accepted.

After we arrived at the destination, Y/N slowly put out the seat belt she's wearing and glances at me.

"Wish me luck, Eddy." She said with the look of hope in her eyes.

I smile and stroke her head slowly. "I'll wait for you here. You can do it, okay?"

She nods slightly, then proceed to get out of the car. My eyes stares blankly on her back, thinking about what could've happened to her. If only he can slowly make her to be more open to him.

Drrt... drrt...

I got startled when I feel my phone vibrated on my pocket. Took me just a second to find out who's calling.

"Hey," A smile formed on my face when I hear someone's voice over there.

"Oh really? Hey, you could've just inform me first, you know," I said as the caller talks. "Fine, but I'm not home now, so can you come a little later? I'll contact you."

I nod a few times, then talks again. Before I answer, I regconize Y/N's already walking back to the car. "Okay. And, actually, I could really use your help."

A long talk of something on my minds flows quickly as I keep checking if Y/N is still far or not from the car. The talk ends with a tiny smile from my face.

"Okay then, bye." I said as Y/N gets in the car again. She seems to realize I just picked up a call.

"Who was that?" she asked curiously.

Eddy chuckles. "You'll know soon enough. It's someone special."

"Someone special?" She furrowed her eyebrows, then slowly seems fall into a deep thought.

"Uh, hey, by the way, how is it? They let you continue, right?" I quickly change topic before her expression changed again.

She nods and smile. "Though everyone was like staring at me like I'm somekind of criminal along the way. The lecturer accepted me with open hands."

A Wish Just For Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें