June: Eddy

Life never gets serious with our friendship. I thought that everything never gets into my side all this time, but I guess it doesn't side with our friendship too.

Yesterday was unexpectedly horrible for the both of us. To think, I'm always see her so cheerful and happy in front of me, yet she gave a speechless look for the first time before she left me alone on the kitchen.

We've been in a cold war ever since. I felt awful seeing her leave. Trying to be positive and let her calm down herself is all I can do. I just thought that maybe she will get better if I let her sleep overnight. Maybe she won't think about the sudden news that hard. Yet it seems like my hunch is a mistake.

I didn't find her presence since morning. I cook myself some breakfast, waiting for her to come, but ending up eating lunch alone too. Her apartment just gave me the silent treatment until now.

I'm used to receiving fast service all this time. I don't need to worry about no food on the table, snacks, and someone who always willing to accompany me in this apartment. I have everything even though I don't give a shit about anything else than Kelly.

But now... there's nothing. My mouth chews an instant noodle I cook myself earlier without any expression. There's no one here to ask him if the food is good, no one to talk to. My mind can't focus to actually enjoy the food at all, thinking about something might happen out there to her. It's almost evening and who knows if she have eaten or not.

Where could she be?

To be honest, I didn't quite understand why. I tried calling her from the door last night, but she didn't answer me either. I wonder if knowing that I will be returning to my hometown soon is really that bad?

It's true that I never care about her as much as she does to me, but...

I sigh and swallow my last bite of noodles I eat. I get up from my seat and immediately wash the dish on my own. I feel like my emptiness is coming back to me.

After losing my love of my life, is destiny going to make me lost my best friend too?

I leave the kitchen and walk back to the balcony. I breathe some fresh air there, staring at the yellowish sky blankly. I can't lie, I really hope she comes back before the sky gets dark.

Now that I decided to leave everything in the past, my mind just can't ignore if y/n's home or not. It slowly worries me.

Even though that we didn't talk that much, I'm sure she's aware that we are still good friends. We always try to be there, whenever we needed. Well, at least, she tried. Maybe not me. I'm just hoping that's enough to calm her. I don't even know if she's really still care about me or is she just playing with a mask to cover her real feelings of disappoinment on me.

"Maybe I'll cook her something for dinner." I smile slightly, then go back inside to the room.

---

It's six in the evening and I just finished making some various chinese food for dinner. I wipe my sweat with my palm as I smile seeing how beautiful the dining table is now. I just made some chicken dumplings and some wonton soup for the both of us.

Just in time when I heard a clicking sound from the front door.

I walk to the front and finally see her face again after all day lonely. She glance to me after she finished with her shoes.

"Hey, Eddy." She stands there with a little smile. But her voice still sounds cracked.

I let out a sigh of relief. She looks fine. "Where have you been? Why didn't you leave me a note if you're going somewhere?"