Chapter 47

Evianna's POV

I stood next to Zeke and dad while waiting for the announcer to call out the Spanish mafia. As they called them out, the room turned into a pin drop silent. People were cowering away at the number one mafia. Angelo, Sam and papa were standing side by side, showing their power with Gabe standing in front, in the middle as the current don.

I looked at him with proudness seeing how far he had come to become what he is today. The four of them walked down with power towards the table where the Kastellanos were seated. Everyone knew how close they were, just not to what extent.

We were seated at the table next to them, to not raise suspicions and to keep a lower profile. People didn't need to know the top three mafias are in alliances with one another yet as long as the Germans are still out there.

As they were seated, people resumed to their conversations as music started to play to accommodate the liveliness of the room. I looked towards Gabe who was already staring at me as he gave me a wink to which I rolled my eyes but still had a smile on my face.

I can see women looking towards the four masked men, trying to attract their attention. Some gave lustful looks while some even tried to walk up to them, only to be stopped by the security that knows the Gonzalez does not like to be disturbed. Well, maybe except Angelo who was winking back at those women.

I have been going around with Zeke and Tony to talk to some of their friends which thankfully, were not that bad. Some did give me the looks but from Zeke and Tony's glare, they just looked away. Pervs.

I got tired of fake smiling and talking to them, making me excuse myself and headed towards the bar where the alcohol was calling for my name. Booze here I come.

"One brandy," I said to the bartender who looked around his early twenties, who looked at me shocked and proceeded to look me up and down. Urgh.

"You sure you can handle that, beauty?," he asked but his tone wasn't accusing, just curious. Maybe not that bad.

I smirked, "I can handle a lot of things, stronzo," I said, making him winked at me. "I hope that meant handsome," he said before proceeding to make my drink. Oh you have no idea.

(asshole)

"My name's Thomas. What's yours?," he asked as he poured the drink into a glass. "You weren't here for the announcement were you?," I asked, knowing if he were there, he would be shitting his pants.

"I had to pee. A guy's bladder can only hold so much," he said, shrugging as he placed the glass in front of me, making me chuckle. "Thanks. It's Evianna," I answered his question anyway.

"Well, Evianna. Nice to meet you. I can already tell you're not one of the stuck up bitches who came with the older dudes," he said while shuddering, making me look at him with amusement.

"What makes you say I'm not with them," I asked, making him look at me with a brow raised. "You didn't order a pina colada so in my book you're better than most of them," he replied, making me hummed.

I drank the brandy making me sigh in relief at the booze, "the ball making you stressed huh?," he asked. "You have no idea," I replied.

As he was about to say something else, a hand landed on my shoulder making me tense. When I looked around, I saw it was Ethan, making my body relax but I can tell from his glaring face, he was scaring poor Thomas.

"Do you need something, Ethan?," I asked softly, making him look at me and his glare disappeared and a soft look formed. "Dance with me?," he asked as I can hear the music play a slower song. "You dance?," I asked with a brow raised.