Chapter 6

Alexander's POV

Shock.

Confuse.

So many things are going through my mind right now.

She looks so much like her. Could it be? Is she alive?

During the fire, everyone was screaming for her name. In hopes for her to come running to us and bring her to safety. But every time we tried running towards her room, there was something blocking the way. It was like someone deliberately placed the items there to prevent us from getting to her in time.

And we didn't make it in time.

The fire department pulled us out of the house with us still screaming for her. I have a burnt scar on my arm from trying to move the cabinet that was in the hallway towards her room. I was only 5 at the time so, I tried to crawl in between the spaces but i didn't get through. Dad picked me up and ran outside the house.

I was screaming, crying and wailing for my sister. I saw the fire spreading faster and before I knew it, the house was engulfed in flames.

I looked around and I saw every member of my family, except for her.

My sister. My orsa

(bear)

That's when my heart dropped. I lost her. I couldn't make it in time.

Ethan and I were the closest with her. The three of us would always go around and mess with the other brothers. Being the annoying siblings in the family made everyone's life hectic. Always having to look out for any pranks that we set up.

But all of that changed after the fire. Everyone became distant. Mourning the loss of our princessa.

Dad overworked himself. He knew that the German Mafia was the one who started the fire. To destroy us because he wanted more power. So he's been tracking them down ever since to find a lead on where they are. To get revenge. To get vengeance. For her.

But all the leads ended up useless. They have been quiet ever since. Until last week.

We captured one member of the German mafia's inner circle that we spotted roaming around Italy. Elias, Ethan and I tortured him for hours to get the information on where his leaders are but he didn't budge. But when his body was almost unrecognisable he decided to talk. Suckers.

What he said made us freezed.

Confusion? Shock? Relief? Hope?

He said that the Germans planned to set the house on fire as a diversion for their main purpose that night. Kidnapping Evie. But apparently she managed to escape 5 years ago and no one has seen her since. They have been trying to locate her but they come up empty handed.

That means she was there for 8 years. Oh dio. A lot of things could happen. She could be tortured, abused, ra-. No. Please god I hope not.

(oh god)

Eli shot him after the shocking news and we all went upstairs to Ezekiel's office to discuss this new information. It was silent. Everyone was too caught up in their mind processing everything.

Our oldest brother, Ezekiel, became Don of the Italian Mafia two years ago when dad stepped down. He said that now we can focus more on finding his princessa. Since then, Zeke handles everything with the help of dad and he's been a great leader, making the mafia third in rank.

Once we arrived in Zeke's office "Zeke, call everyone in here we need to discuss something," I said urgently.

"Why, what information did you get on their whereabouts," Zeke said, seeming suspicious on why we need to call everyone.