Chapter 41

Evianna's POV

After breakfast, everyone gathered in the meeting room to discuss what Ana had gathered from Trent and if we found out who the mole was.

"From what Trent said, he didn't really know details about the Germans since he was an outsider who only supplied drugs. But from their recent orders for him to send the message, he was told it was for someone who the Germans are fond of. The reward for him doing that is getting laid," Ana explained and made a disgusted face at the end which made the boys snicker.

"Yea, from what we heard through the earpiece, Trent isn't someone important so he wasn't going to be a good asset," Sam said, making everyone nod their head.

"As for searching who the mole is, I've checked my people and they were all cleared. All are proved to be loyal and doing their job right," Gabe explained while Angelo nodded his head at what he was saying.

"I've checked all of mine at the warehouse and they are all clean. I haven't gone through the ones that stayed at the house but they've all been working with me for years so I doubt they are it," Adonis said, making Μπαμπάς furrow his eyebrows.

"Well, it wouldn't take that long to check just in case. Alastair, can you go through their records now and make sure they're clean." Μπαμπάς told Alas which proceeded to go on his laptop.

All the while, I had a feeling like I was being watched. I was looking around subtly, trying not to catch any attention just in case some things were out of place. As I was assessing the room, I saw a tiny red dot in the corner that was blocked by a plant that was there as a decoration. No one can see it if you don't look at it properly.

"I've gone through my list as well and there wasn't anyone that was looking suspicious. My guess is that whoever it is, has been with us a lo-," I cut Ezekiel off with a nudge at his arm.

He looked at me quizzically but I made my eyes towards the plant and I can still see him looking at it confusingly. That is until he saw the red dot which made his posture tense and jaw clenched.

The rest were looking at us weird but I had to think of something so that the cameras didn't catch on to the fact that we knew they were watching.

"As Zeke was saying, the mole could be someone that we've known for a long time. It could be someone in this room," I said, making them all look at me like I've lost my mind.

Zeke caught on to what I was doing and nodded his head. "Evie's right. We've all tried looking into our people that we didn't stop to think that the mole could be the ones closer to us," he said, earning some angry protests from everyone.

He turned his chair towards an angle that would be blocking me from the camera. That was my cue to move towards the plant and destroy it. As I was moving carefully, making sure I don't make anyone look towards me to raise suspicion, I can see Ezra looking at me weird. He saw where I was going and saw the red dot which made his face filled with realisation.

"I agree. Alas and I spent weeks and it always came up empty. We haven't search for information on people in here tho," Ezra spoke up earning shock and disbelief from everyone.

Making everyone seem to hate each other with the allegations would be the best way to make the Germans think that we're weak now. They would think we would be an easy target and that they could manipulate us to their favour.

As they were all now concentrated on Ezra, I reached the plant to see that I was right. The camera was recording everything but it had an on and off switch meaning someone would have to personally come in to turn it on. The video was sent directly somewhere else so they wouldn't need to take the camera out of the room. I flicked the off switch, while making sure it doesn't move so that when they watch the video, they'll think that the camera just ran out of battery.