Chapter 1

Evianna's POV

Darkness.

Pain.

The only thing that was consistent in the eight years I was taken as a prisoner by the German Mafia.

After eight years, I managed to escape along with my friends that were also held by them. Only they knew what I went through and vice versa. In the little cell that was our home, we gave each other some hope.

Hope that one day we will escape.

That was five years ago today.

I remember all those years ago, waking up in a cell, hands cuffed to the walls. Crying and screaming for my family.

My family.

I remember everything about them. Perks of having a high IQ and an eidetic memory. Even after the years of abuse, memories of them are still clear in my mind. The only pure thing remaining in my mind. la mia preziosa famiglia.

(My precious family)

I was told they are dead. Burned inside the burning house that was set by them. Those fuckers decided to take me because "I will make a wonderful queen". Of course I didn't believe them but once they showed the pictures of my house in flames, its like something switched inside of me.

I became cold. Distant. Only talked when necessary. My walls are so high up that only certain people have seen the real me. Although, I still mask certain parts of my life to protect myself and the people around me. They don't deserve or need to hear that part of my life.

The part that broke me beyond repair.

I still have the necklace that was given by my eldest brother. That was the only piece of them I had left. And the only thing they let me keep as a memory. I cried for them every day I was in that hell hole.

Every time they enter my cell for 'playtime' as they would call it, I made no sound. I will not give them the satisfaction of hearing me in pain. It will only fuel them more. It went on for years.

But little did they know, a plan was brewing among the four of us. The four of us had enough. A plan was devised to run far away from hell and back to the world. And that was exactly what happened.

We escaped.