Chapter 15

Evianna's POV

Numb.

That was all I could feel. After years, they have finally caught up.

My breathing picked up and with shaky hands, I dialled the only person that would understand and help me.

"salut mon chéri, why are you calling. It's late." he asked, confused.

(Hello my darling)

"R-Ryan," I said with my voice cracking.

"Chéri, what's wrong? What happened? Wait, I'm coming," he said on alert and I could hear noises from his side indicating he was coming to the house.

"They found me. They sent me a message," I said sniffling and I could feel my breathing start to pick up.

I was met with silence on the other side of the call. He probably froze from the news. It's been years.

"Are you sure?," his voice whispered after a few.

"The text said süßes Mädchen," I whispered defeatedly.

(sweet girl)

I hear Ryan cursing and he replied "I'm bringing Ana and Gio with me. We'll be there in 15 minutes. We'll get through this chéri"

Ending the call, I just layed down on my bed. How.

The moment I feel happy, the moment I'm finally reunited with my family, they come back.

How do they know tho. We've been discreet about the whole thing. Dad didn't want any other mafias to know that the principessa mafiosa scomparsa has been found so he hasn't told any of the members. This could probably mean we have a rat in the mafia. Urgh.

(missing mafia princess)

Thinking of all the ways I could torture the rats, I jolted up my bed to reach my daggers when the door was slammed open.

Of course, Gio was the one who slammed it open, followed by a worried Ana and Ryan. Tony came in running behind them and panting "They just barged in the house saying they needed to talk to you and saying it was an emergency,"

Putting on a fake smile I told him "Yea, we just realised we forgotten we had an assignment due tomorrow so we're just going to finalise some materials,"

Hoping he doesn't see my tear stricken face which he thankfully didn't, he sighed, shook his head disappointed and said "Alright, good luck kids" and left the room.

Three pairs of eyes were on me and I just leaned onto the bed frame with my eyes closed.

I gave my phone to them and let them decipher whatever they needed to do. I'm so tired. 

"Evie," Ana whispered, causing me to open my eyes.

I see Ryan and Gio clenching their fists and Ana has tears in her eyes but she looks ready to kill.

"We need to tell Adonis and Μπαμπάς now Evie. They'll know how to proceed. We need to think strategically," Ryan said looking at me dead in the eye knowing that I might refuse his suggestion.

Sighing, I agreed and we went downstairs to meet with mum, dad and Zeke in the living room.

"Mum, dad, is it okay if I visit Μπαμπάς and μαμά. There's some business that needs to be done and it's urgent." I lied to them. I can't let them know especially if there's a rat in this house. Not yet at least.

"Are you sure you can't wait until tomorrow?," Mum asked.

"Why are your eyes red?" dad said, squinting his eyes.