Chapter 2

Evianna's POV

It's 5am.

I'm just laying on my bed thinking about everything that has happened. From being captured, to being a prisoner, to meeting three people that became my ride or die, to escaping, to being an assassin and to meeting people that became my family.

Being prisoned for years and given training every day, the only logical thing to become was an assassin. I don't know what else I would be. The thrill behind killing those who are guilty and watching their souls leave their body is something so beautiful. Exhilarating.

In the underworld, I am known as Fiero. The number one assassin. Those who heard of my name knows that I dont play around. Once you're on my radar, there is no hiding. The name itself shows my identity. I am bold, cruel and I rarely give mercy. Why give them when i was never given the opportunity to be shown mercy.

My identity is kept hidden as I am still on the run. Yet everyone knows Fiero's masterpiece by looking at the flame carved into my victims' palm.

Knives are my favourite. When the blood oozes out it gives me power, strength even. Showing that I am in control and no one can hide-

My thoughts are interrupted when the door is slammed open and the first instinct I had was to grab my dagger that was under my pillow to fight. That thought was out the window when Gio and Ana walked in grinning like kids that just got their favourite candy along with a grumpy Ryan who probably got dragged into the room.

My three best friends. Not that I will ever tell them as they would annoy me until I die.

"Why are you all in my room at 5 in the morning" I said while glaring at them.

"What do you mean 5 in the morning, its 8am. Time for school Evie", Gio said with worry evident on his face.

Wow its been three hours. I didn't even realise I was zoned out for that long.

"NIghtmares?", Ana asked with understanding.

"Its 5 years ago today. It was bound to resurface", I said shrugging while looking at the faces of my three best friends that are also in pain.

"Hey, dont worry. We will always be there for each other. We've survived this long and nothing can come in between us. Always and forever", Gio said while hugging the life out of me.

I smiled. One of the only people that has seen my real smile. I know that they have my back and I will always have their back. No words necessary.

"Okay Gio stop hugging her or she's going to pass out", Ana said while trying to pull me out of Gio's grasp.

Gio had a tighter grip on me as if he was afraid I would disappear.

"Hey Gio, come on let's go and we can match outfits for school", I said softly knowing today he will be vulnerable with all of us.

Gio nodded his head while reluctantly letting go of me. I give him a soft smile and let Ana bring him to his room, knowing that she will make sure Gio will be fine.

I look towards Ryan and see him glaring at the floor with his jaw clenched and fists tight.

"Ryan", I said softly, worried that he would get triggered by the memories of what happened.

He looked up and I can see tears threatening to drop. So I opened my arms and immediately I was engulfed by Ryan whos sniffling, trying to keep his tears in.

"What's wrong mon craquelin?", I asked while playing with his hair knowing that he loves it and it helps calm him down.

(my cracker)

While Ana and Gio are the more outgoing type of people, Ryan and I are the ones with a darker aura. The one who glares at everything and keeps to themselves. We've been in the hell hole longer than the other two so we had a deeper understanding. So I was surprised to see Ryan this vulnerable and crumbling. He is like a brother to me and I am like a sister to him. It hurt watching each other go through what we did so young.

"J'ai fait un cauchemar aussi et c'était quand j'ai dû te regarder devenir-", Ryan said sobbing, speaking in French knowing that he only spoke in his native language when he's feeling different types of emotions.

(i had a nightmare too and it was when i had to watch you get-)

"Shh shh it's alright im fine. We're no longer there. Im here. nous sommes en sécurité", I said while closing my eyes and rubbing his back, knowing exactly what he was referring to.

(we're safe)

After 5 minutes of cuddling, Ryan finally looked up and give me a small smile. I could see how bad he needed to cry it out and I am always there for him as long as he's fine.

"Thank you mon chérie. For being there for me. For not treating me differently", Ryan said with his eyes closed while leaning his forehead with mine.

(my darling)

"Anytime craquelin. Always and forever", I said which is later heard by a groaning sound by the big baby.

(cracker)

"Stop calling me craquelin. It's not my fault I value my crackers more than Gio", Ryan said whining as he defended himself.

"Yea and you beat him up because he found your stash in the kitchen. Luckily he didn't bleed to death", I said rolling my eyes, recalling the memory that happened a few years ago.

"Alright time for school. I wanna match with you too. Please", Ryan said while giving me his puppy eyes.

"God, are you sure you're the Wrath. Fine. Go wear something grey", I said while cackling at the sight of Ryan glaring at me.

Once he left, I went into the bathroom and freshened up. I changed into some grey clothes that will match Gio and Ryan. I don't feel like going all out today so I'll just put on eyeliner, the family necklace and put on the ring that he gave me.

Once I'm ready, I took my phone off the charger and saw a text from Μπαμπάς saying to go to his house after school. I replied saying that I will and headed downstairs to leave for school.

(dad)