Chapter 11

Evianna's POV

Differently.

That's the only thing I can think of once my biological family knows about my past. They will either look at me differently, with pity and walk on eggshells whenever I'm around or they will accept me for who I am and help me get through my nightmares slowly.

I'm hoping for the latter.

"I woke up in a cell, my arms chained to the wall. I didn't know where I was. Turns out the chef at the time was working for them and that he put a drug in my dinner. That's the reason I was knocked out, cold, and didn't know what was happening around me. I was awakened by voices. The moment I opened my eyes, I was stared down by two pairs of eyes. These eyes had evil written all in them but they were giving real smiles that were reaching their eyes. So, the naive young me thought that everything was going to be alright. Oh, how wrong I was." I said dry chuckling with an evident pain heard in it.

Flashback

"Hello darling," the man with brown eyes, crouching down to me said, with a strong German accent.

"My, you are much more beautiful than I could have imagined," the other man, with blue eyes said while touching my hair, making me immediately move further away from him.

"Where am I? Who are you? Where's my family?," I said frantically, looking around, trying to find any of my brothers.

"Well schatz, I'm here to tell you that your pathetic family has died. That's why we're here. You looked too beautiful to die so I decided to have some fun with you." the blue eyed man said menacingly.

(sweetheart)

"No, you are lying. My family is not dead. Take me to them, please." I said pleading to them, not believing a single thing they said.

"Oh mein süßes Mädchen, but they are dead. I killed them. I burned your house down and took you out before you could die with them. Here" the brown eyed man, who seem to be like the leader, said while throwing me some pictures.

(my sweet girl)

I took the pictures in my hand and what I saw made me sob harder than I had in my entire life. There it was, my house in flames. I saw silhouettes inside the house that looked like they were screaming for help. That's when I realised that it was my family. They were screaming for someone to help them get out of the house.

The two men just looked at me, seeming satisfied that they managed to make me cry and broke down.

"Don't worry schatz. We are going to take very good care of you," he said while looking at his friend with smirks on his face.

Flashback over

"From that day, they tortured me with the worst way possible. The very same way that you would torture your worst enemy. They whipped me, cut me, stabbed me and beat me up so hard that I basically passed out from the blood loss and pain. Every time I cried out for them to stop or if I would cry out for my family to help, it just got worse. After about 2 months of screaming, I just stopped. It's like something in me switched. I knew screaming would make it worse since they loved that they could get a reaction out of me. So in the end, I took all the pain like a champ." I chuckled darkly.

"Days after days more men would come into my cell and beat me up. In a way, I was their punching bag for them to blow some steam off. It was like a never ending cycle, the same thing over and over again," I said while squeezing my fists.

I felt a hand on my balled fists to see Ryan looking at me with concern. I gave him a reassurance squeeze and looked up to my family. I could see different emotions going through them but the most prominent one was rage. Rage towards them.