Chapter 18

Evianna's POV

Flashback

It's been an hour since they last came in and gave me their daily beatings. I'm in the corner, leaning my back to the cold wall to cool off the stinging sensation.

My eyes are closed trying not to scream at the pain when suddenly the door slammed open.

"Hey Gör. You're getting a new friend today," the guard sneered and threw a boy who looked about my age onto the ground.

(brat)

Once he locked the door close, I approached the little boy slowly to prevent him from being scared.

My hand stretched out to touch his shoulder and when it almost landed, I guess he felt a presence because he immediately turned around with eyes wide.

"Sorry," I whispered. "My name is Evianna, what's your name," I asked.

He hesitated slightly before answering, "I'm Ryan,"

"Are you hurt," I asked, looking at his body for any injuries.

He nodded his head which made me angry. Why can't they just let us live normally.

Before I could ask anything else, the door was open again and master entered. He never liked it if I called him by his name.

"I see you have been acquainted, schatz," he said, walking up to me.

(sweetheart)

He grabbed my chin roughly making me whimper, "But don't forget schatz, you're mine,"

Smiling, "Now, time for some fun," he said getting the whip hung on the wall and smacking my back which was already in pain.

I screamed, causing Ryan to be alert. He saw what was happening and tried to help, "Stop, you're hurting her,"

I shook my head indicating to him to be quiet or not he will get the same fate.

Master didn't like this, causing him to kick Ryan's back. "Halt den Mund junge,"

(shut up boy)

Turning back and looking at me in the eye with a sadistic grin, "Now, where were we,"

Flashback over

I woke up gasping for air causing my breathing to pick up. I couldn't breathe.

"Hey, hey, hey, I need you to breathe. Follow my breathing," I heard someone say, but because I was so out of it I couldn't pinpoint who it was.

Once my breathing got back to normal, I was finally able to see that it was Ryan who was calming me down.

"Hey," he whispered

I gave him a small smile and hugged him because I just really needed the comfort.

He was rubbing my back, "Do you want to talk?," he asked.

Nodding slowly, we layed back down on the bed cuddling. "It was when you first arrived. He came in for the whips again," I whispered.

I can feel Ryan getting angry so I kissed his forehead which made him relax again.

"I don't want you to feel all that again. I don't want any of us to. I need you to be okay, cherie. I don't know what I'll do without you, Gio and Anna." he said in a small voice.

"I won't promise you because we're going to war with them and anything could happen. But I will tell you that I will be careful. And I need you to be careful too," I said while running my fingers through his hair.