Chapter 3

Evianna's POV

School.

What an unnecessary shitload.

The reason I'm saying this is because I have graduated high school. I even have a degree in business and a master in psychology. The only reason I'm here right now is to get a sense of normalcy and to prevent any suspicion about my roundabout since a 17 year old girl is supposed to be in school.

So here I am, taking out my Maths books from my lockers while listening to Gio ranting about how he thinks aliens are going to kidnap him since he has been watching those documentary videos so much. Anastasia being her nice self is listening intently and giving her input on the situation while Ryan just looks bored.

"Shut up Gio, we know that aliens are not coming to kidnap you. They don't have the energy to deal with you", I said after closing my lockers.

Gio gasped, feigning hurt while Ana and Ryan looked amused by it.

"I'll let you know that without me, the aliens will not have a good source of entertainment", he said proudly.

"So you wouldn't mind if I let the aliens know that they can kidnap you right now". Ryan questions him seriously but with a hint of mischief.

Gio looks at him wide-eyed and said "You have their number? Why? Wait. Please don't let them take me. I still need to do things on Earth. Tell them to visit next year. Yeah that sounds like a good plan". Gio started rambling on what he should do next year when they decide to visit him.

The three of us just shook our heads when suddenly Ana snapped her fingers indicating that she just remembered something.

"Did you hear that two new students are coming in today. Apparently they are from Italy. God, I hope he is cute. It's been a while since I have an eye-candy around here", she said while hoping that the new guy will have the package in her book.

"Really? Is that all you think about", Ryan said looking at Ana and you can hear his brotherly protective mode is on.

"Well yea, you can't tell me that if it was a girl coming you wouldn't be excited too Ryan. Besides if the guy is cute then at least Evie and I can have a good view. Right Evie?", Ana said happily.

Ryan thought about it and said "Alright that's fair. If it was a girl I would probably be looking forward to see her and see how she looks like".

"Sure but you know that I won't find anyone else cute so you can have them all for yourself", I said when a look of realisation came across her face.

"Ah true. So more for me then", Ana said cheekily and Gio tries to squeeze her cheeks and she smacks his hands.

"Hey, what was that for", Gio questions while rubbing his hands and pouting.

"You know what you did mister", Anna tells him with narrowed eyes.

Just then, the school bell rings indicating first period. Maths.

The four of us groaned and started walking towards our class.

-

Lunch arrives and all of us are sitting at a table in the cafeteria. Usually we would have Alastair along but he had a mission so today it's just us. Alastair is our brother, the youngest son of Μπαμπάς and Μαμά. The youngest member of the Kastellano family, the Greek mafia. On how we know them, that's for later.

(dad, mother)

Throughout the whole day, everyone has been talking about the new students who apparently are very good looking but doesn't talk to anyone except for each other. Girls are drooling over them and I heard that the 'queen bee' of the school aka Stephanie has put an 'all hands off' rule on them.

Stephanie and I have a history. When we first started here, she flirted and tried to touch Ryan which made him very uncomfortable. Me being the best friend that I am told her off. Let's just say that she tried to slap me. Tried.

Her reason being 'I was with her boyfriend' when she and Ryan never spoke to each other in the first place. I was livid. So I did what I had to do. I fought with her. Punches were thrown and I may or may not have broke her heels. Sorry not sorry.

She cried and ran off. The principal gave me a day of suspension because he knows the Kastellano family and let's just say that he is afraid of the four of us. That's why no one bothers us because they know that we can easily beat them up into a pulp.

SInce then, Stephanie has not bothered us but she does throw us some occasional glares where she thinks she looks scary but honestly, she just looks constipated.

Somehow, today she grew some balls and decided to come and talk... no she screeched at us.

"I know you heard about the new students today so I advised you and her to stay away from them", Stephanie said in her weirdly high voice while pointing between Ana and I. Bad move.

"Dude we haven't even seen them how are we supposed to stay away from them when we don't even know what they look like", Ana said smirking because she knows she's right and it'll make Stephanie more agitated.

And she was right because you could see steam coming out from Stephanie. But before she left she screamed "Don't go near them", huffs and leaves the cafeteria along with her fake friends.

"Is today the day she thinks she control us because if that was what she tried to do then she just looks like a constipated cow". Gio said while trying to control his laugh.

Ana was already full on laughing while Ryan and I had small smiles on our faces thinking about the disastrous 'warning' she tried to give us.

"Oh that reminds me, Μπαμπάς invited us to his house today after school", I said to them after the laughter died down.

"Did he say why we are needed there", Ryan questioned about the sudden but not surprising invite especially from our family.

"Nope but it's been a while so might as well spend some time with them", I said while the rest just nodded their heads in agreement.

The rest of the day went by normally with the occasional whispers about the new students in school.

As we were leaving school we finally caught a glimpse of the new students. Both of them are good looking but one of them looks familiar. He gave me a sense of familiarity and I just wondered why and where I have seen him before.

Just as I was about to look away. He turned around and I saw his face. My heart dropped. No, it can't be. They are dead. He's dead.

We made eye contact and I saw that his eyes widened, tears brimming in his eyes. A look of disbelief, confusion and longing were present.

I didn't want to believe it. I couldn't. They said that they died. They killed them in that fire. But the moment I made contact with the necklace that he was wearing, I knew. It was the exact replica of what I'm wearing. It was him. He's alive. They could be alive.

I've been lied to. They ruined me. I could feel my heart crumbling yet a bit of hope was sprinkled.

Alexander Romano, my brother is alive.

My family could be alive.