# "生霊" ⤷ childe

❝ forgive me ❞

 selected route ; 生霊 (living ghost)

. selected route ; 生霊 (living ghost)

childe / tartaglia . the young lord

. scenario - in which childe is clinging onto the past

. music - my alcoholic friends : the dresden dolls

tw. death, hallucination, and abnormal behavior

.

SEA SALT WINDS brushed against your face as you inhaled, the familiar scent of the ocean filled your nose. It eased your nerves as you watched the waves roll over white sand, water temporarily drowning the starconches embellishing the beach.

Another inhale, this time— the smell of the ocean was less apparent. Perhaps with time, these sensations will dull. Still, you enjoyed the view; Liyue is certainly beautiful. You could almost bask in the warmth of the sun forever, taking in this scenery was comparably better than the view back home at Morepesok.

You recalled how back home; there was snow and ice everywhere. Evergreen trees would occasionally contrast the pure white. Though it paled in comparison to the spectacular views in Liyue.

You also recalled how back then, life was simpler. Though, you really can't pinpoint specific memories. That was another thing you noticed, with time— your memory worsened. However, you do recall Ajax— Childe's words to you; teasing you of your poor memory.

Softly, you chuckled at the thought before you heard a series footsteps approach you from behind. You turned to see Childe; tall, handsome, entirely unlike himself from over a decade ago. There wasn't even a semblance of that innocent, soft-spoken boy from your childhood. Not anymore.

You closed your eyes, breathing deeply.

"You scared the fishes away!"

"I-I did not...!"

"Then how come I'm not getting a bite? They're all gone because of you!"

"That's because you're waving your fishing rod around...! You're the one scaring them away..."

"Am not!"

"Am so...!"

That would go on for minutes before silence followed. You could never really get angry at him, never him. So you apologized, and he forgave you. That's how things always went.

"Isn't it beautiful today?"

You looked up, snapping out of your daze to see Childe staring out absently— the abyssal blue hues of his irises remained dark in spite of the sunlight. You frowned a bit.