# "慰安" ⤷ xiao

❝ i've done my share of reflecting! ❞

. selected route ; 慰安 (solace)

xiao . conqueror of demons

. scenario - in which you ran away from your adeptus duties and xiao has come to bring you home

. music - i can't handle change : roar

tw. mentions of death, graphic imagery, and depressive language

HOW COULD YOU live and shoulder the burden of what you had done to the lives of the innocent? How could you live your days after the Archon War in melancholic peace after all of what you've witnessed? How could you, of all beings on Teyvat's earthly plane, be allowed to walk so freely from such atrocities?

Blood; you recalled pools of warm, thick blood drenching your feet. The essence of the living, the essence of the innocent lives you have taken as a result of being swept up in the devastating war. Your duties as a adeptus brought you to the war, fighting for this meaningless purpose. The brutally mutilated bodies of your fallen comrades, allies, civilians, and enemies laid collectively at your feet. You were stained in their ichor, drunk in the sin of what you have done— what the world has done to them. Their promises, their wishes, their desires, and dreams were swept away by the gale of bloodshed. Murder whispered the air as the war finally came to a conclusion.

You adored and worship Rex Lapis above all else but what had transpired in the world of Teyvat changed you. Your former duties as a benevolent adeptus of the people could not measure up to the atrocities you've committed thus you chose to leave them behind. Surely, Rex Lapis and your fellow adeptus were disappointed in your choice but you couldn't bring yourself to face any of them directly— especially Xiao. The Conqueror of Demons fought alongside you and endured as much suffering as you did but it was you who ran away from wicked reality. It was all too painful for you to bear.

.

"Where are you going?" Xiao had asked you, days after the war was over. You hadn't left yet though, you have attempted several times prior to then.

"Nowhere. Just need some fresh air." You lied, you wanted to escape, run away.

"Rex Lapis has asked me to inform you that he wishes to see you." Xiao advised you, watching your unsteady figure away with the movement of the wind. He sauntered over, observing the fullness of your hues. "What is the matter?"

"It's nothing." You replied quickly, taking long strides away from him. The air smelled of blood and decaying bodies, causing you to gag lightly.