# "愛の終わ" ⤷ diluc (2)

❝ aren't you tired of this charade? ❞

 selected route ; 愛の終わり(the end of love)

. selected route ; 愛の終わり(the end of love)

diluc ragnvindr . the darknight hero

. scenario - in which you make peace with the darkness of your tragic fate as diluc's spouse (part two / ending ? of moral of the story)

. music - the end of love : florence and the machine

tw. depression, attempted s*icide, and ambiguous ending (death?)

( this one shot is not meant to romanticize death / s*icide. this one shot is my personal reworked version of kate chopin's the awakening ending and to shed light upon society's own skewed perspective on
marriage / love. )

.

TO LOVE DILUC Ragnvindr was a task you were unprepared to take on. He spared you little words, little sympathy, or love. Even when the two of you were wedded (a ceremony of which only a few attended), he lacked enthusiasm, but that was characteristic of him nowadays.

Diluc had once been an enthusiastic, bright, and charismatic man of eighteen but the death of his father stripped him of that brilliance. His glory of the sun, gone. Diluc Ragnvindr once basked in the warmth of the passion but the fire that once burned was now smoldering embers, ashes scattered in the summery winds. He was gone, that version of Diluc you fell in love with. Only a shell of his former self remained.

You viewed society as a menace. They only ever saw your marriage as the most perfection and beautiful union but behind closed doors, you and Diluc knew that it was far from the truth. On paper, everything is perfect. The two of you are from powerful houses of a former aristocracy. Both of you possessed an enormous wealth and as heirs, the two of you were to inherit everything. The union was supposed to be perfect but evidently, none of the superficiality really granted you any happiness.

You were disillusioned by the opulence of love and romance. Disillusioned by your perspective on marrying this man whom you've loved since you were young but now, you felt nothing— absolutely nothing at all. Even the tight, painful gripes in your heart of whenever your darling sister Jean conversed with your dear husband was gone. The envy, the ugly jealous green-eyes monster had vanished. Nothing... hurt anymore.

The feeling of waking to sunrises, the brilliant blues melting into soft pinks and oranges— gone.

The feeling and scent of the sun and wind brushing your skin, the warm hug and breezes that smelled like sweet dandelions— gone.