# "任務完了" ⤷ scaramouche

❝ you're too easily riled up ❞

 selected route ; 任務完了 (mission accomplished)

. selected route ; 任務完了 (mission accomplished)

scaramouche / balladeer (kunikuzushi) . wanderer

. scenario - (assassin au) in which you and scaramouche are assigned to kill the same man

. music - blood // water : grandson

tw. mentions of violence

.

THE PARTY REEKED of alcohol and cigarette smoke. The scent was so strong, it made your nose scrunch in disgust as you stood on the scaffolding support of the upper floor, leaning against it as your eyes scanned the crowd. Somewhere amongst them was your target, a political fugitive from Khaenri'ah who had somehow escaped into Inazuma through falsified documents.

According to intelligence, you were also on the lookout for another assassin who's also been assigned to this task. Though, you've been ordered to work together should you find the other assassin.

You took pride in your work as an assassin; having a title and status that shook Teyvat as a whole. People feared you and that too, you took pride in. Solo work is what you preferred, what you excelled at.

So having found out that you were going to be working with him of all people greatly irked you.

It came as no consequence at first, spotting him in the crowd with a fictitious smile as he beamed at all of the drunken guests. On first hand, you merely assumed he was there to enjoy himself as that wasn't out of the realm of possibility for him but then again, why the hell would he do that when his talent and interest lies in toying with people's lives?

"Fuck," you swore as realization began to dawn upon you. Exactly who the other assassin's identity was began to unravel itself as you watched his ultraviolet eyes flickered to you. A smirk grew on his ruby-stained lips. Your partner this time around is Scaramouche, the Balladeer of the Fatui Harbingers— your self-proclaimed rival.

Immediately, you acted upon your instincts and made your way down from the scaffolding to the party on the ground floor. You quickly made it pass the front doors with a bit of flirting and persuasion, allowing you to get past the guards before entering the party itself. Slowly, you made your way around to Scaramouche who has been busying himself with a glass of fine aged wine.

"Ah, there you are. And here I thought you wouldn't actually show up." He mused, swirling his glass around with a smirk. You took note of his attire, seeing that he changed into something formal for once. His suit was a shade of dark purple, inching on a dark shade of maroon. His lapels are black, enhancing the darkness of his suit. Golden cords of aiguillette were strung from his similarly colored shoulder pads to his suit pocket.