# "神々は残酷です" ⤷ gorou

❝ don't strain yourself ❞

 selected route - いつもあなたのそばに (always beside you)

. selected route - いつもあなたのそばに (always beside you)

gorou . canine warrior

. scenario - in which gorou nearly loses you amidst the shogun's army attack (don't worry, no death here)

. music - chamber of reflection - mac demarco

tw. mentions of blood (when addressing the wound)

.

IT IS RAINING, you notice. The pouring of torrential rain came splashing down upon your cold skin as you laid there upon the sand, delirious and utterly spent. The clashing of blades slowly reached your ears as you came to your dulled senses, finally recalling why and how you were compromised in such a position.

A war against the Shogun's regime. As one of the few members of the Resistance that haven't had their Vision taken from them, you signed up to fight against the dictatorship that has taken over Inazuma, stripping people of their freedoms for the sake of this so-called 'eternity' that the Shogun so desperately sought after.

Such an ideal never sat well with you. How could a ruler punish the people by taking away their Visions that were ordained by the heavens themselves? How could a ruler not listen to the people and listen to the pleads? How could a ruler be so obsessed with an idea that risks the livelihoods of their people who oppose them?

Mad, utterly mad— you thought that perhaps the Shogun has gone insane with the many years she has ruled over Inazuma. Yet why now? Why enact in such a way? Because the other Archons are letting go of their own authorities so that their nation may learn to prosper without them? Then why the obsession?

Questions swirled your mind but nevertheless, you joined the Resistance in hopes of making change. From there, you rose through the ranks as one of the few with Visions. You met with Kokomi and Gorou, generals who oversaw all of the operations and your ideals aligned with theirs. Naturally, you became close to them but especially Gorou.

He had an affinity for others, one that drew people in. His natural instincts to command and his abilities to befriend others was what specifically attracted you to him. Benevolent yet composed in wartime; optimistic yet pragmatic.

Gorou absolutely deserved his place as second-in-command to Kokomi. He possessed the tacit brightness that many lacked in such a time.

To you, Gorou was not only a fellow general in the army but also a friend. He cared about you more than anything else, gave you assurance when you needed it most. The circumstances of reality brought the two of you together and since then, you two were basically inseparable.