# "手を握って" ⤷ hu tao

❝ hold my hand... one last time ❞

 selected route ; 手を握って (hold my hand)

. selected route ; 手を握って (hold my hand)

hu tao . fragrance in thaw

. scenario - in which you die before you could confess to your childhood love, hu tao (requested)

. music - i promise you : wanna one

tw. blood, slightly graphic content, and death

.

"FUFU! (Y/N)! I'M here~" Your childhood friend, Hu Tao came charging at you with open arms, a wide smile tugged at the corners of her lips. You had been in her office for the past hour, filling out with some of her paperwork since she often skipped out on doing any work for the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor.

"Welcome back, Hu Tao. Did you have fun?" You greeted her with a smile, laughing as she threw her arms around your neck.

"Hehe~ I did! Thank you for helping me out as always!" Hu Tao nuzzled her cheek against yours, finding comfort in your arms.

"I'm glad to hear that! You deserve breaks." You leaned into her gentle touch, inhaling the mixed blend of silk flowers, lilies, and incense that wafted through her office space.

"Mm! You deserve a break too! I can you somewhere fun if you'd like!" Hu Tao hummed, pulling away to glance at the small stack of paperwork that remained on her desk.

"H-Huh? Oh... you don't have to... I know you're a busy person." You murmured quietly, glancing back down to the paperwork.

"Nonsense! Let's go! I can get Zhongli to do the rest of this anyway!" Hu Tao chimed, dragging you out of the seat and out of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor entirely despite your protests.

What Hu Tao didn't know was that you had fallen for her— ensnarled in a trap called love. How it began was a question you couldn't answer but having known her since childhood; you've grown appreciative of every moment you spend with her. Hu Tao has always been a joy to be around. Her witty humor, her childish pranks, her personality, everything.

Each smile, hug, joke, and laugh meant the world to you. She, meant the world to you.

However, you've never mustered the courage to tell her about your feelings towards her. The timing was always wrong or you felt it would be too out of place. But you never really disliked the relationship you currently had with her. Being around Hu Tao was a massive serotonin boost in itself and that alone, was enough for you.