# "流離人" ⤷ scaramouche

❝ the world didn't seem so cold ❞

. selected route ; 流離人 (wanderer)

scaramouche / balladeer (kunikuzushi) . wanderer

. scenario - in which the puppet confides himself with a stranger (pre-all the betrayals, aka. semi-soft scara)

. music - little dark age : mgmt

.

THE PUPPET OFTEN wandered the mossy grassland of Inazuma without much thought in mind. He would find himself wandering through the trees, getting lost under hidden starlight shielded by the canopy forest above. Idle and free, he wandered wherever he desired without consequence.

There were times when he would run into humans. Moments like this warranted caution but they never had the intention to harm, rather - they offered benevolence with cooked meals or helpful tips to the puppet. He thanked them and went on his merry way, never too bothered by the stranger looks people gave him.

So it was on one of these excursions when he met you.

He had initially watched you from afar, unsure of whether or not he should approach you but one day, you caught him in the act of staring and did something... unexpected.

"Hey!" You yelled, causing him to jump and hide behind a tree - peeking to the side of the trunk to see you standing there with a frown on your lips.

"What is someone like you doing in this part of the woods?"

He wasn't sure how to answer you. Never had he been in such a situation thus it never possessed him to have to conjure up answers to your question.

"I..." The puppet began quietly, unsure of what to say. A part of him feared that saying the wrong thing would drive you away but it seemed that no matter what he had said to excuse his actions as you marched over to him anyway.

"A child like you shouldn't wander this part of the forest by yourself. It's dangerous." You told him, seizing him by his hand. His eyes widened, reacting viciously by pulling away from you. He stumbled back, looking back at you with a frightened expression.

Anger had bubbled to the surface for just a moment as he found you calling him a 'child' to be imprudent but remained silent. Instead, he glared at you as he took a few steps back, holding the wrist of the hand you had touched delicately as he breathed erratically.

"Hey... I'm sorry, I–"

"No." His voice was unexpectedly soft. As you had suspected based on his appearance, he is young though weirdly, there was something uncanny in the way he behaved and looked at you. Flickers of anxiousness flashed through you, prompting a sense of rising fear in your chest. There was something... about him that was unnerving.