# "ティルティングクラウン" ⤷ xiao (1)

❝ don't bother with that, i'd advise against it ❞

. selected route ; ティルティングクラウン (tilting crown)

xiao . conqueror of demons

. scenario - (royalty au) in which you are to be pawned off to a neighboring kingdom and xiao is your betrothed (requested! part one)

. music - kings and queens and vagabonds : ellem

.

"CONGRATULATIONS, YOUR HIGHNESS."

NAMELESS NOBLES GREETED you with smiles and their drunken stupor as they attempted to congratulate your coming of age. The whole ornate celebration felt superfluous and utterly pointless. You were just turning eighteen, there was nothing special about that. It felt redundant to celebrate.

"Thank you." Nonetheless, you thanked the nobles for their good wishes for the sake of courtesy. The celebration went on until the crack of dawn but you had excused yourself an hour into the soirée, turning to solitude for comfort.

Born the third heir of your kingdom, the relevance of your own existence no longer hinges on becoming the next ruler. You had two older siblings to fulfill that which meant your only purpose was to be wedded to some foreign royalty to uphold alliances. You were nothing more than a political pawn for your kingdom.

"Your Royal Highness!" You heard one of your maids call for you, making her way through the crowd of nobles to you. "Your father has requested your presence. It's urgent."

It's urgent, your maid's words echoed in your mind. You presumed that this had something to do with your availability to marry as you were now of age.

"Take me to him," the gravity of your words weighed upon your tongue as you followed your maid to your father who, of course, was the center of your own celebration. You were not even permitted happiness during an occasion meant to celebrate you.

"Ah! (y/n)!" Surprising, your father recognized you beyond his drunken haze. He downed another glass of wine before making his way to you. "I have found you a suitable husband, come!" Ah, of course. Why else would he bother acknowledging you?

"Father, I don't wish to marry—" You tried to sway his mind yet his stubbornness prevailed; your life was being stolen away by an individual whom you've never met before.

"Nonsense! This is for the greater good!" Greater good, his words echoed in your mind. This 'greater good' would only benefit himself, to stabilize his position as the most powerful monarch of the kingdom. What good would this benefit you? Nothing. Like your parents, you would be chained to someone who will never love you for the rest of your life.