# "星の下" ⤷ dainsleif

❝ thank you for showing me what love is ❞

. selected route ; 星の下 (under the stars)

dainsleif . bough keeper

. scenario - in which you slowly fall in love with dainsleif (timeline - roughly right after the formation of current mondstadt)

. music - the fault in our stars : troye sivan

tw. none

DAINSLEIF HAS NO home, no place to return to. He sought only the truth in the stars, controlled by Celestia. Countless lives tortured and killed, he bore witness to it all. His own hands had been stained red, time and time again. Crimes, war, bloodshed, and death; Dainsleif had seen it. A man who shouldered the death of a kingdom that he once called 'home'. He originates from the land unloved by the Gods, untouched and unseen. The masked keeper carried the burden of death everywhere he went. He had no home, no destination to remain.

Yet he found sanctuary with you.

Outcasted by the church and turned away from the Gods, you lived alone near Stormterror's Lair since many feared the area. You lived in a small stone cottage, covered with vines and foliage. Since you lived far from the City of Freedom, you often looked around for your own food. Which is how you met him.

Foraging for some sweet flowers, you found a strange masked man standing by the cliff side of the Lair. He wore a rather eccentric dark cape that matched his mask. Dark blue fabric of the cape accented his sapphire hues. You couldn't help but stare a bit to which he caught you staring. "Blatantly ogling at someone is rude."

"Ah! S-sorry! I just never see anyone around here... Let alone a pretty one," you mumbled the last bit quietly as he approached you. You noticed the intricacies of his outfit and immediately realized that he was certainly not from Mondstadt.

"Um... Are you lost, sir?" You asked quietly, drawing the bundle of sweet flowers close. The traveler stared down at you briefly before shaking his head. "No, I know my way around here."

"Oh..." Awkwardly, you shifted your weight from leg to leg. Part of you wanted to continuing probing him with questions because this was a once in a lifetime chance to meet anyone as gorgeous as he out here. The other half of your mind screamed at you, telling you to turn away before something dangerous happens.

"What is someone like you doing out here?" He questioned, crossing his arms across his chest. You sighed, looking down at the flowers. "I... I was outed by the church for stealing. So I live here..."