# "生まれ変わったら" ⤷ zhongli

❝ in another life ❞

 selected route ; 生まれ変わったら (if i was reborn)

. selected route ; 生まれ変わったら (if i was reborn)

zhongli / rex lapis . vago mundo

. scenario - in which you keep meeting your lover in different lives (soulmate reincarnation au)

. music - fairytale : alexander rybak

tw. death cycles, mentioned blood (injuries), and slight psychosis

.

"PLEASE DON'T WEEP FOR ME... WE WILL MEET AGAIN..."

YOU TOUCHED YOUR lover's face, watching as tears fell from his golden eyes. You tried to smile through the pain but with every small gesture, it caused violent shockwaves through your body. Even still, you tried to stay strong in your final moments with him— to comfort him in the fact that you weren't in pain in spite of reality.

Violent cries of war rippled through the air. The stench of blood filled the air, the rancid scent has grown dull on your senses with time. War does that to a person, and divinity is certainly no exception.

Even a god can be injured and in the right condition, slain. You had thrown yourself in front of Rex Lapis in a moment of lapsed thought to protect your lover. Unfortunately, the divine weapon that had pierced through your abdomen. The damage was too much and there you rested, in your lover's arms awaiting sweet death.

"Does it hurt...?" You heard him ask, his voice quivering with the slightest hint of apprehension. He rarely ever lost his composure yet it was slipping away from him like quicksilver.

You shook your head, trying to muster out a verbal response yet nothing escaped your lips. A sharp, excruciating pain shot through your body— prompting you to bite down on your bottom lip to muffle your scream. The throbbing of your head intensified, nearly blocking out your lover's voice as he tried to quell you of the pain.

"It hurts." You wanted to cry, but the blood quickly filled your mouth— causing you to sputter and cough violently. The chest pain grew worse and with every breath, dark spots grew in intensity.

"It hurts so bad." The words could not escape you. Instead, you chose to use the last bit of your energy to cling to your lover— holding him until your last breath.

"I love you..."

As the stars carried your will to the heavens, you recalled one last promise made before the start of the Archon War. The vows of eternity, to remain by Rex Lapis' side forever. Your fragmented body dusted into the blood-filled earth, breaking apart. Even so, Rex Lapis clung to every particular until nothing remained. In another life, you would see him again.