# "追悼" ⤷ kazuha

❝ teyvat grieved the loss ❞

 selected route ; 追悼 (mourning)

. selected route ; 追悼 (mourning)

kaedehara kazuha . scarlet leaves pursue
wild waves

. scenario - in which kazuha is too late in saving you from the vision hunt decree's divine wrath (requested)

. music - brutal : olivia rodriguez

tw. death and description of violence / wound

"IM SO SORRY..."

KAZUHA'S VOICE BROKE as he muttered apologies to you. His bandaged fingers grasped at your clothes, pulling your cold body to his warm one. The contrast in body temperature reminded him of the reality presented before him. He was too late, a step behind and it costed him his best friend— his lover.

Salty tears rolled down the sides of his face. His lip trembled as his index finger brushed over your cheek. His hand fell to the silver chain around your neck, tears dropping onto the pendant that he had given you.

Kazuha wondered what you did to deserve such a cruel end. Why did fate hurt you? Why did kismet dictate that you deserved to die? Why couldn't he protect you? Was he that pathetic?

Kazuha had swore upon his blade to protect you, to keep you safe and he failed in his one mission— to protect the person he treasured above all.

.

"Kazuha..."

You called out to him, voice wavering as the ivory-haired swordsman braced himself for the onslaught of battle standing before him. Your bloodied arm did you no good, especially since it was your dominant arm. Drawing a blade with your untrained arm would prove to be deadly. In your flurry of worries that began to drown you, the Cryo Vision attached to your worn amulet glowed brighter in distress.

Kazuha stood before you, his right hand hovering over his katana as the two soldiers from the Tenryou Commission approached with blades wielded.

"Hand over your visions and we will let this incident go unseen." One of the Tenryou soldiers demanded, pointing the blade at the two of you. Moonlight skidded over the reflective blade, glimmering over the sharpness of it.

"(y/n)... stay behind me." Kazuha spared you a quick glance, shooting you a brief smile to reassure you before turning his attention back to his opponents. You gulped nervously, shakily stepping back as Kazuha had suggested.