# "私は眠い" ⤷ diluc

❝ diluc! you scared the shit out of me ❞

. selected route ; 私は眠い (sleepy)

diluc ragnvindr . darknight hero

. scenario - in which diluc falls asleep while working and you help him finish his work (slight mafia au)

. music - purpose : etham

tw. mentions of alcohol and weapons (nothing too severe)

.

IT WASN'T UNCOMMON for there to be a fight breaking out in the streets of Mondstadt. Rival gangs and mafia elites often clashed on the City of Freedom; a name full of irony and satire of what the city truly was like amidst the shades of night. Standing at the pinnacle of the mafia was the heir of the Ragnvindr family, enthroned as the Don of Mondstadt. His name struck fear in the hearts of citizens, Diluc Ragnvindr.

Trained from a young age to one day take over the illegal importation of wine, drugs, and weaponry; Diluc was born a leader. He possessed the charisma, the sternness, everything. Yet, there was a particular side that he only showed to his closest comrade. A more, protective and softer self only for the eyes of his personal secretary; you.

After a long and arduous day, Diluc felt exhausted more than usual. Yawns escaped his lips as he gently rubbed his left eye before continuing to go through the paperwork for a weaponry deal with Snezhnaya. However, with the growing hours of the night, sleep slowly took its claim on his body and before long, the Don of Mondtstadt passed out in exhaustion unbeknownst to you.

Upon knocking thrice on his office door, you immediately busted down the wooden barrier to see your boss laying unconscious on his desk. Panic filled you as you rushed over, checking for a pulse before letting out a sigh of relief to sense a rhythmic thrumming. Glancing at the stacks of paperwork, you decided to clean off Diluc's messy desk so he could sleep more easily. Rarely do you get to see the soft expression of your boss. Such gentle moments were momentary and brief, only meant for your eyes.

Softly, you brushed the fiery red strands out of his sleepy face. A smile tugged at the corners of your mouth, quirking upwards at his softness. Diluc Ragnvindr was a kind soul, deep down. Still too naive in wanting peace amongst each nation.

Worried that he might potentially get sick by sleeping without any sort of warmth, you removed the trench coat you wore and placed it upon his shoulders to shield Diluc from the cold. You shifted his arms a bit so it could support his head better and moved away any obstacles upon his desk so he could rest easy. Cold and stoic is how most see him but for you? You were granted the most private of audiences with him at his most vulnerable state.

Gleams of soft candle light illuminated his gentle features. His fiery hair curled and framed his face beautifully. Snow white skin glowed in the fluorescent of flickering light. His lip slightly agape, breathing quietly. His entire body rose and sunk as he slept.

A chuckle escaped from your lips as you watched him, smiling at your boss. You pulled a velvet cushion chair beside him and started to go through the mountainous stack of papers.

Perhaps the hours started to strewn together but as the night passed, you were more and more sleepy. Of course it was natural to feel this way however you weren't going to let it hinder you until you felt a hand reach over and gently grab your wrist in which you yelped out of surprise.

"Shh... Sorry to startle you," your eyes darted to Diluc's side, noting his now messy appearance and sleep-filled eyes. Ruby hues landed on you, an innocence filled them. "Diluc! You scared the shit out of me!" You scolded, pouting at him to which he laughed. Only you were allowed to scold at him in that childish manner.

"Apologies... I couldn't help but notice your drowsiness," you flashed him a soft smile, reassuring him that you were fine until he turned aside, extending his arms out to gently lift you. Arms wrapped around you waist as he pulled you from the chair and into his arms. A rosy blush spread like wildfire across your face as you inhaled, smelling the scent of firewood, musky vanilla, and charcoal. It was the expensive cologne he always wore since he knew you liked it.

"It's nearly dawn, shall we rest until then?" He murmured quietly, hands firmly against back to hold you close. Shyly, you nodded to which he chuckled and helped you settle into a much more comfortable position against him.

"Sleep well, darling."

GOOD ENDING.

° NEXT UP . KAEYA ALBERICH