# "あなたの側に" ⤷ xiao

❝ i await you in the stars, my love ❞

 selected route ; あなたの側に (by your side)

. selected route ; あなたの側に (by your side)

xiao . conqueror of demons

. scenario - in which you are an heir to the throne and xiao is your knight (requested! also using 'prince' as opposed to 'princess' to be more gender friendly).

. music - broken crown : mumford & sons

tw. blood, slightly graphic content, and death

.

"AND YOU ARE?" Your eyes flickered up from your book to the man who stood in the doorframe of your study. He looked rather youthful in contrary to the other older soldiers and guards of the castle.

"Guardian Knight Xiao. Assigned by Crown Prince Zhongli to protect you." He introduced himself rather simplistically but it was straightforward without formalities. A smile graced your features as you gestured him in.

"By my brother, hm? Well, I'm looking to working with you." You returned your attention to the book you were reading before he spoke up once more.

"Excuse me for my impertinence but I do believe you have physical training in the next hour, my prince." Xiao commented, approaching your desk and curiously glancing over the piles of unfinished papers upon it. "If you do not mind, I will be the one conducting your training."

A sigh eluded you as you tossed your book onto the messy desk. "Did my brother ask that of you as well?" He nodded to affirm your preconceived belief.

You pushed yourself up, heading towards the door with Xiao behind you. "You know, you don't need to be so formal around me. I don't like traditions as much as my brother does."

His topaz gaze softened a bit upon hearing your words before he bowed once more. "If that is what you desire, (y/n)."

.

"Achoo!"

You sneezed, sniffling quietly. Your nose is a shade of bright pink from the cold you've gotten from spending too much time in the snow during a trip to Snezhnaya. The door to your bedroom creaked open, your knight walking in with a tray in hand.

"I've brought your medication. Baizhu had also recommended tea to help with the sore throat." Xiao instructed, setting the tray upon your bedside. His eyes flickered to you before a sigh left his lips. "I had warned you that staying extensively out in the cold would result in sickness, did I not?"