# "待望の" ⤷ diluc

❝ i'm glad to be home ❞

 selected route ; 待望の (long-awaited)

. selected route ; 待望の (long-awaited)

diluc ragnvindr . the darknight hero

. scenario - in which diluc arrives home after his long journey (post papa ragnvindr's death ; sequel to wait for me from book one)

. music - wait for me : hadestown (andre de shields)

tw. mentioned character (manga) death

.

FOUR YEARS AGO, Diluc Ragnvindr made a promise to you. He said promised you that he would arrive home to Mondstadt, to you. Four years later, you still held onto the hope that he was out there somewhere— fighting evil and avenging his dead father. Shine true; that was and still is Diluc's motto. You can still recalled his words to you from all those years ago;

"Evil cannot go unpunished. Never settle for mediocrity. Never forget that the dawn
will one day come."

Dawn will one day come. Diluc will one day come home to you. That's is what you told yourself, day after day.

In those four lonesome years, you occupied your mind by working at the Dawn Winery as a maid. Adeline offered you a position (per Diluc's kind request) and you've worked there since. At first, you were quite desensitized about working there but with the gradual passing of the years— the question of whether Diluc would ever come home started to weigh in the back of your mind. It had been four, very long years and there was yet to be any news of him. Diluc was probably out there somewhere, fighting evil in Teyvat to solve the mystery of his father's death and to punish the evils that threatens Mondstadt. Still, it was lonesome without him and your own aspirations of seeing him once more started to diminish a bit.

But after hearing word of his sighting near Stone Gate of Liyue, your hopes started to soar. Stone Gate bordered between Mondstadt and Liyue— being just a few hundred miles to the Dawn Winery. Those three days were high-spirited as you patiently awaited for your crimson-haired sweetheart to return. But at the end of the dull days, nothing. You waited outside, watching the sunset whilst waiting for him but you saw no sign of him. Your faith slowly dwindled with each passing sunset until the fourth day.

Infernos blazed across the Teyvat skies, blending with the midnight that started to spill.  Inky blackness and a blend of navy and indigo painted across the sky. Twinkling stars accompanied the twilight soon to befall upon the world. It was another sunset, another day of waiting on the front steps to the Winery for him.

"(y/n), you should come inside. It getting dark." Adeline instructed, peering from behind the front doors.

"I'm fine. I'll just wait a bit longer..." You smiled, turning to her. Adeline kindly brought you a shawl to keep warm whilst you awaited for the owner of the mansion to return.

An hour or two passed without Diluc in sight. You verged on passing out, clinging to the sliver of hope that he would come home soon. Cold chills tremor through you, causing your body to shudder even with the shawl on. Your eyelids started to grow heavy as each momentary blink caused you to grow increasingly more and more sleepy. The night grew darker and your desire to sleep grew stronger until,

"I'm sorry for making you wait all this time." A voice cut through your lethargic thoughts. Strong arms lifted you with ease, pulling you close. Warmth enveloped you as your mysterious savior whisked you to the mansion— in the darkness, you faintly made out the outline of the figure.

"Diluc...?" You whispered groggily, eyes adjusting to the light of the mansion as he walked up the stairs with you in arms.

"I'm here... I'm home." Diluc smiled, pressing a kiss between your brows as he pushed the door to his bedroom open. It was absolutely spotless despite its vacancy for the past four years. You had spent all that time cleaning it meticulously for his arrival home one day.

He placed you onto his bed, gently brushed your hair aside to pepper your face with kisses.
You pulled him close, grabbing onto his shoulders in fear of him letting go.

"Don't leave me..." You mumbled softly, shaking from the wellspring of emotions that threatened to spill over.

"I won't... I'm here and I promise to stay right here." Diluc responded, gently caressing your cheeks. His fingers danced around the side of your face, gently cupping it as he placed another chaste kiss against your lips. "I won't go anywhere..."

You nodded, tears welling in the corners of your eyes as he pressed his forehead against yours. You smiled happily, arms flung around his neck in celebration. "Welcome back... Diluc."

"I'm glad to be home..."

GOOD ENDING

° NEXT UP . XIAO