Chapter 142

June 2021
**HARRYS POV**
It was already the next day after Arlo was born, since Grace was almost half a day in labor. After we spent some time alone with Arlo after he was born and everything was fine, I wanted her to get some sleep. She was exhausted after those stressful hours and needed rest. In the mean time, I spent some time alone with our newborn son and let my mum meet him since she came from Manchester just to surprise us, but when she found out Grace was in labor, she came straight to the hospital to see us. Right now, my mum was on her way to pick up Avery who was still at Louis' house and brought her home to our house before I would go and get her later to bring her to the hospital so she could meet her little brother.

I sat in our hospital room, sitting on a small couch and admiring our son as he slept in his crib next to Grace's bed. I still couldn't believe he was here and how lucky I was to have my own family of four now. It seemed like yesterday when Avery was born and now we were here again with our newborn son.

I instantly shot up as Arlo started crying and gently lifted him out of his crib, holding him in my arms. I thought I probably forgot how to care about a newborn, but it all came back so quickly again and it was like I never did something else.

„Shhh, it's alright my love." I whispered, gently rocking him around as I walked through the room. „It's okay, daddy is here." I placed a soft kiss on his forehead before I sat down on the couch with him. I unbuttoned my shirt so he could have skin to skin contact with me and maybe help him calm down. And it did, Arlo stopped crying and fell asleep again.

„Is he okay?" I heard Grace's sleepy voice and looked up at her.

„Yeah, yeah, don't worry." I got up with him and sat down next to her on the bed. „He just needed some attention from his dad I guess." I smiled at her. „Don't you wanna try and sleep again, hm?" I looked at her tired face and tucked her hair behind her ear.

„No, I had enough sleep and I wanna spend some time with Arlo." She smiled down at him as I laid him in her arms.

„Okay. What do you say if I head home and get Avery so she can meet him? My mum is at home with her right now." I suggested.

„Yeah, go get her." She nodded. „I bet she misses us and I miss her too."

„Me too." I said after leaning forward and pressing my lips on hers. „Do you want me to get anything else?"

„No, thanks. As long as you get here with our daughter, everything is fine." She smiled.

I smiled at her as she looked into my eyes, the sparkle in hers making me smile even more. „Alright, I'll be right back." I got up and gave her another kiss. „See you in a bit, baby Arlo." I kissed his cheek and left the room.

I was not surprised when a crowd of paps showed up in front of the hospital as soon as I stepped out the doors.

„Harry! Was your baby born?"

„Is Grace in labor?"

„How is your wife? Did she have the baby?"

I just ignored the questions and quickly made my way to my car to get home. I couldn't wait to get home and see Avery again, so when I parked in the drive way, I almost ran inside.
When I opened the door, I didn't see anyone, but when I entered and made my way through the hallway towards the living room, I heard my daughter's cute voice talking to my mum.

„Look who is here, Aves." My mum smiled at me as she pointed into my direction. Avery turned around and her face lit up as she saw me.

„Daddy!" She ran towards me so I crouched down to let her fall into my arms. I lifted her up and held her tight in my arms.

„Hello my love, how are you, darling?" I pressed a kiss on her cheek.

„Good." She smiled at me and kissed me back.

„Are you having fun with Granny, huh?" I asked her before I let her down on the floor.

„Yes, look." She pointed to the plate of cookies on the table.

„Wow, you baked?" She quickly nodded and took a cookie, stretching her arm out for me to take it. „Mhhm, they're delicious." I ate the cookie, knowing that it was my mum's special recipe.

„Hi mum." I hugged her as I made it to her and she stretched her arms out for me.

„Hey darling. How are Grace and your little one?" She asked me.

„They're great, just great." I told her, smiling at the thought.

„And you? You look tired, haven't you slept at all?"

„I didn't, no. There was just no time for me to sleep. It was a long night." I told her.

„Don't you want to lay down a few minutes?" She placed her hand on my cheek, looking at me with concerned eyes.

„No, I'm fine. I just came to get Avery so she could meet Arlo." I explained.

„Okay, but please get some sleep afterwards and let Grace get some rest."

„I will and she will too." I assured her.

„Daddy, where is mummy?" Avery tugged at my shirt to get my attention.

„She is at the hospital, princess." I crouched down in front of her again. „You know, your little brother was born last night." I told her. „You're a big sister now."

„Brother?" She asked, her eyes wide.

„Yes. His name is Arlo and he is your little brother. Do you want to meet him?" I asked her.

She nodded quickly again. „Yes." She whispered.

„Come on then." I got up and reached for her hand. „Let's go meet mummy and Arlo."

„Yeees." She let out of excitement.

„Say goodbye to granny. You will see her later again." I told her.

„Bye granny." She let go of my hand to give her a hug.

„Bye, my love. See you later." She kissed her cheek and let her go.

After saying goodbye to my mum, I took Avery with me and strapped her in her car seat in the back.

„Alright. Are you ready?" I asked her, smiling at her through the rear view mirror.

„Yes. Music!" She smiled back.

„Music? What do you want to listen to?"

„You daddy." She giggled.

„You only listen to One Direction?" I let out a laugh.

„Mhm." She nodded.

I plugged my phone in and started playing a playlist before I started driving.

„Daddy, sing too!" She called as What Makes You Beautiful was playing, so I started singing with her until I pulled into the parking area of the hospital.

I sighed when I saw the paps were still there. It was alright when I was alone, but I hated it when they were there while I was with my daughter.

After I parked, I turned around to look at Avery.
„Avery, sweetie, I'm gonna carry you inside. There are a lot of people, but you don't have to be scared, I'm always with you, okay?"

„Okay, daddy." She nodded. I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and got out to get her. As soon as she was placed on my hip, I quickly made my way through the crowd.

„Avery look at me!"

„Harry, can you tell us any news?"

„Avery where is your mum?"

I felt how Avery pressed her head into the crook of my neck while I covered her face with my hand as good as I could. She was scared, I felt it and I hated it.

„Daddy scared." She let out as we finally entered the building and stood in the elevator.

„It's okay, you don't have to be, sunshine. I'm here." I kissed her forehead and let her down on the floor, slipping her hand in mine. She held tight onto my leg as I ran my hand through her soft curls. „Nothing is going to happen to you, my love. I will never let anything happen to you." I whispered.

Harry Styles Fanfiction - You Found MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara