Chapter 139

June 2021
**YOUR POV**
The short way home felt like an eternity. I had to stop every now and then to wait for the contractions to fade until we finally arrived in our driveway.
Harry immediately helped me into the car and quickly got in himself.

„Wait, you have to get the hospital bag I packed for us." I breathed out of exhaustion. My sweat was almost dripping down my back and my hair was tied up by Harry, so it wouldn't stick to my neck. Being in labor during summer was just exhausting and hard.

„Right, I'll be right back." He opened the car door again and I watched him as he jumped out and ran into the house again. I think I had never seen him running that fast in my life. He was back in like a second and threw the bag onto the backseat.

„Ready?" He asked, looking at me, his chest rising up and down.

„Ready." I nodded as he quickly leaned over to kiss me on my lips before he started driving towards the hospital.

*

Harry slammed angry on the car horn, grumbling. „Fucking traffic."
There was a little accident on the freeway and cars were almost not moving because of it.
Harry managed to illegally weave his way through the lanes by driving onto the shoulder. And when he angrily honked at the cars to let him back on the road, they had no choice but to listen. One car, however, cut him off just as he rejoined the fast last, causing him to slam on the breaks.

„For fuck sake!" Harry shouted and held his hand to the horn. „You listen when I'm honking at you!"
When he finally let up, he was still cursing under his breath as he turned to check on me. I was blinking at him with my lips slightly parted in shock.
He then shook his head and cleared his throat to recollect himself before asking me in a relaxed, soothing voice. „Still doing alright over there?"

I opened my mouth to answer ,yes' just as the muscles in my stomach tightened for another contraction. I gasped. „Ah...ah! Hand! Hand!" I curled forward and hugged my stomach with one arm and flung the other out at Harry and grabbed his free hand.

This was my strongest contraction yet by a long shot. I squeezed his hand deathly tight, causing him to cringe in a silent scream and slap his free hand against the steering wheel, catching the horn each time.
I threw my head back against the seat as my whole body seemed to collapse once the pain faded. I loosened my grip on Harry's hand, but still held it in my lap for comfort.

I shifted around in my seat to try and find the most comfortable position. „Please slow down, Haz." I told him just as he started to speed up a little too fast for my liking.

„I don't want you to give birth to our baby in the car again." He shook his head.

„And I don't want to end up in another car crash and almost lose my husband, so slow down, Harry."

„Okay, fine." He did what I said, making me calm down a bit.

„H- how far are we from the hospital?" I asked him, his hand rubbing my stomach.

„Only a few minutes, we're almost there, love." He grabbed my hand to give it a gentle squeeze, before loosening his grip again. „How-."

Before he could question me anything, my face scrunched in agony as another contraction hit me. I snatched his hand back in mine and tried to breathe through the pain while he tried to honk through it.

*

Harry wanted to cry with me when the doctor told me, that I was too far along for an epidural. Still, the baby just didn't want to come and it meant I had to continue breathe and scream my way through contractions until it was time. Harry probably already had bruises all over his shoulders, arms and hands from my hands squeezing his body on every possible place.

Harry was the best during this time. He helped me as much as he could and made sure I had everything I needed.
Right now, he hugged me as best as he could with me sitting in the hospital bed of my delivery room and rubbed circles on my back and repeatedly kissed my head.
I was trying to find the best position to breathe through the contractions, but every other possible position hurt and was extremely uncomfortable.

„I can't do this Harry." I cried into his shoulder once I made sure the doctors and nurses all left.

„Yes you can." He cooed gently in my ear. „You're going to do amazing, you already are. You did it the first time, you can do it now too."

„But with Avery everything went a lot faster. Now it seems like the baby never wants to come." I sobbed. „Shouldn't it be easier after having the first baby?"

„Shhh, you can do this, I know you can. You're the strongest person I know." He kissed my cheek. „Our baby probably just needs some more time." He continued rubbing my hurting back.

„I need to get out of this bed." I told him and grabbed his arm to pull myself up out of bed. He helped me by pulling me up too, his hand resting on my back. „Aaahhh!" I screamed out as the next contraction already hit me. „Harry!"

„I'm here, love. You're doing so good." I felt his lips pressing against my head.
I held onto both of his arms, my head resting against his chest.

I moaned, clenching my fists tightly as another contraction wrecked my body. I knelt down in front of my hospital bed, finding that it was the only position I felt comfortable in, my forehead pressed down against my arm, trying to breathe through the growing pain.

I felt Harry's hands on my back, massaging lightly. „Slow breaths, love." He murmured from where he was crouched down behind me. „It's at its worst right now, it's almost gone." He watched the monitor carefully.

I whimpered through the rest of the pain, until I felt it fade away, lifting my head. Almost ten hours into labor and I was sure it would never end.

Harry got up to get me some water, helping guide the straw to my lips.

„Do you want to walk a little, sweetheart? That will help the baby move down." He asked, making sure I was okay. I knew it was hard for him to see me in so much pain and he wanted to help in any way he could.

I sighed. „I don't think I can get up." I whimpered, keeping a tight grip on the bed.

„I'll help you, but if you're comfortable here, we don't have to move." He whispered.

I shook my head. „No, I wanna walk."

„Okay." He wrapped an arm around my shoulders, letting me put all my weight against him. He gripped my hand, helping me to stand. „You okay?"

I nodded weakly, wrapping a hand around his arm, as I gingerly walked into the hall of the hospital, walking slowly through the halls, having to stop and lean on Harry for support when a contraction would come.

After a couple of laps around the floor, my midwife suggested that getting in the tub might help. so Harry helped me strip to nothing but a sports bra, running the bath so it was warm enough, before lowering me into the tub.

I sighed at the instant comfort of the warm water, Harry squatting down at the side of the tub in front of me, taking both of my hands.

„Better?" He murmured, smiling as I nodded, leaning forward to kiss my forehead, before going to rub my shoulders.

„So much." I breathed, resting my cheek on the edge of the tub.

I gasped as a particularly strong contraction started to build, gripping Harry's hands tightly.

„Breathe, love, I'm here." He murmured. „Focus on me, nice slow breaths." He breathed with me, holding my gaze. I panted as it went away, looking up at Harry who was watching me carefully.

„I love you." I whispered.

Harry smiled. „I love you too." He stroked the sweaty hair back from my forehead lightly with his fingers.