Chapter 128

December 2020
**YOUR POV**
Avery and I stood in front row along with all of the families of the other boys. The arena was beautifully decorated tonight, not like it usually was. There were several beautiful lights on the walls and the ceiling and it looked somehow magical.

„Gem, why does it look so different in here?" I asked Gemma who stood next to me.

„I just wanted to ask you the same thing." She shrugged. „I have no idea."

„Mummy! Wook daddy!" Avery already saw her dad walking out on stage with the rest of the boys. She wanted to see everything that was going on on stage, so I picked her up and sat her on my hip. She waved at Harry, hoping he would see her and luckily he did and waved back with a big smile on his face before they started singing a song they never opened a show to.
Story Of My Life.

The setlist tonight was totally different and they sang more slower and emotional songs and only a few of the other ones. They sang Right Now, If I Could Fly, You & I, Night Changes, Don't Forget Where You Belong, Strong, Love You Goodbye, Perfect, A.M, History, Infinity and lots and lots more. It was a very, very beautiful show, that I never experienced before. They sang even better than usually and they gave everything to make it a wonderful concert. The boys even sang some covers like Torn, the song they sang on the X-Factor a few years back and lots more.

It was almost the end of the show when four of the boys had a break and went backstage while Harry was as usual, the one who stayed to entertain the crowd.

„I hope you had a great time so far." He started talking. „Did you?" The crowd cheered and screamed. „As you may have noticed, tonights show is different than the ones we did before and of course that has a reason. As you maybe know, this year in July was the ten years anniversary of One Direction." The crowd went crazy and cheered, making Harry smile. Everyone listened carefully as he continued talking. „Since this is the first show after our anniversary, we wanted to do something different for every single one of you and our families." He said, placing his mic on the mic stand. „We've been a band for ten years now and you support us wherever you can. We can't thank you enough for what all of you do for us and did for the past ten years." He said, his voice cracking now and then as he got emotional, talking about it. „I don't even have the words to describe how much you guys mean to us...We want to thank some other people too, though." He smiled into our direction.

„Since tonight's a special show, all of our families are here. Niall's family is right there, Liam's is here too, Zayn's mum and sisters came, Louis' whole family came and my daughter, wife and sister are here too tonight." He smiled at us. „Without you..." He walked through the stage to us. „...we wouldn't be here tonight. You gave us the support we needed and still do, you were here every step of the way and you protected us and were always here for us. I know, it wasn't always easy for you to let your 16, 17, or 19 years old boys go and travel the world, but you still did it, because you wanted us to live our dream and look where we are now ten years later." He looked up to the crowd. „A thank you will never be enough for everything you did for us, so we have something else for you..." He got back to the mic stand in the middle of the stage. „This is a new song I wrote for our families. I wanna specifically thank my family and also my better half, my wife Grace. I promised her I had a surprise for her tonight and I really hope you like it." He turned to me, blowing me a kiss. „We want to dedicate this song to our families and I mostly want to dedicate this to my wife and my daughter...This is our new and special song Home." The lights turned off and everyone turned their flashes of their phones on as only a few spotlights turned on again, shining down on all of the five boys who were standing in a line in front of their mic stands.

I was already about to cry after Harry's beautiful speech and his wonderful words and even more tears fell as Liam started singing, followed by Niall.

„Make a little conversation. So long, I've been waiting to let go of myself and feel alive. So many nights I thought it over. Told myself I kind of liked her, but there was something missing in her eyes..."

And when Harry started singing, I lost it completely and my tears were falling uncontrollably.

„I was stumbling. Looking in the dark, with an empty heart, but you say, you feel the same. Could we ever be enough?
Baby, we could be enough..."

It sounded magical, so, so beautiful and special and as I looked to my right, all of the boys' families were crying.

„And it's alright. Calling out for somebody to hold tonight.
When you're lost, I'll find a way, and I'll be your light. You will never feel like you're alone. I'll make this feel like home."

All of them sang together. I looked down at Avery. She was watching and listening, her eyes focused on the boys and I could tell she loved the song.
I wanted this moment to never end, this feeling to last forever, but they eventually came to the last few verses.

„And it's alright. Calling out for somebody to hold tonight.
When you're lost, I'll find a way, and I'll be your light. You will never feel like you're alone. I'll make this feel like home..."

All of the boys looked to each of their families and Harry blew another kiss into our direction, mouthing an. „I love you."

„We'd like to get our family on stage now!" Louis yelled into the mic, waving to all of us to come up the stairs on stage. Harry came to our side and helped us all up. After he took Gemma on stage, he grabbed my hand, leading me and Avery up. He immediately pulled me into his arms with Avery between the two of us.

„I love you so much." I cried into his shoulder. „Thank you for everything. You really do make this feel like home...Wherever you are, as long as I'm with you, I'm at home." I sobbed.

„I love you more." He pressed his lips on mine and I felt the fireworks again, before he pressed a kiss on Avery's cheek and lifted her out of my arms. „I love you so much Aves." He smiled at her.

„I wove you too, daddy!" She hugged him tight.

„We are One Direction, thank you so much for coming and for everything else you do for us. We hope you liked the show...See you soon!" Liam said into the mic before we all went to the exit at the back of the stage and got backstage.

„I'm so proud of you, Haz." I kissed him on his lips again. „This was the best show ever, it was so beautiful and special."

„Thank you, we planned it a long time ago now." He wiped a tear away that was on his cheek and slid his hand in Avery's as soon as he let her down on the floor. „Thank you for everything, Grace."

„You don't have to thank me, honey. I have to thank you for appearing in my life."

„Like I said, You Found Me." He stated, making me chuckle. „So, you liked the surprise?"

„I loved it, thank you. It was wonderful and the song is beautifully written."

„Thank you, love. Now, let's go on that date." He smiled at me.

„Yeah, let's go." I nodded and we both crouched down in front of Avery. „Aves, like we told you earlier, you are spending the night at aunt Gem's with your cousin, okay?" She nodded quickly.

„Mummy and daddy are gonna pick you up tomorrow in the morning and then we will go ice skating like we promised." Harry added. „I love you so much, my baby." He pulled her in his arms and she hugged him tight before she came to me and hugged me too.

„I wove you mummy and daddy." She gave us both a kiss.

„I love you too, sunshine." I said as Gemma already came over to us to take her home with her. After I gave Gemma all her things Avery needed, she took Avery's hand, ready to go.

„Bye my love." Harry and I waved at her as she sat in the backseat of Gemma's car. She cutely waved back together with Gemma and they then left.

„Are you ready Mrs. Styles?" Harry turned to me, stretching his arm out.

„More than ready." I slid my hand in his and we headed towards the car. Like in the old times, he held the car door open for me and let me in before he got into the drivers seat and we headed onto the street.