Chapter 145

August 2021
**YOUR POV**
Dear Grace, my Gracie, my lovely daughter. You are my only daughter, my whole life and the light in my life. I love you so much, I could never put it in words. I am so, so proud of you, you can't even imagine. You're already so successful and I love to see you being this happy with what you do. Today is your twentieth birthday and I wish you only love and the best. You're a big girl now, but I will always remember the time when you were a baby. You will always be my little baby girl, no matter how successful and famous you'll get. And I will always be here for you, always. You're growing and growing into this beautiful and strong woman and I'm looking forward to the day you meet the love of your life and get married to the man you love more than anything else in the world. And I wanna be the one to walk you down the aisle and hand you over to him so he will become your husband. I can't wait for the day you're gonna tell me you're pregnant. I tell you, I will be crying like a fool, but I know for sure, that I will be the happiest man alive when I meet my grandchildren for the first time. I want you to have a beautiful and happy life, with a great man by your side who will protect you. And if he doesn't, I'll have a serious talk with him! I'm only joking, but I do want you to have the most wonderful life full of love.
This letter may seem overwhelming to you now, but sweetheart, time flies and soon your daughter will be twenty years old like you are right now.

I love you so, so much, Gracie, daddy loves you. You will always be my baby Grace and remember, I will always be here for you.

Happy happy birthday, sweetie. Enjoy your day.
Ti amo.

- Dad

Harry read the last words and I couldn't hold it in anymore. I let it all out as I burst into tears. Harry pulled me into his arms again and wrapped them tight around my body.

„Mama, why are you crying?" Avery asked, still sitting between my legs, right now between Harry's and my body, her eyes wide, showing concern.

„Mummy misses your grandfather, sweetie." Harry whispered to her. „You know, your grandfather who is in heaven like we always tell you, love?"

She nodded slowly, wrapping her arms tight around me.

„Don't be sad." She whispered, my heart almost burst, listening to her sweet words. „I love you mummy." Harry smiled proudly at her, tucking her hair behind her ear.

„I love you too, sunshine." I whispered back. „You always manage to make me smile somehow, my love."
I pressed a kiss on her cheek.

I nestled my head in Harry's shoulder and my tears fell on his shirt. „I never got the letter." I sobbed. „He passed away a few weeks before I turned twenty."

„Oh honey." He rubbed my back, soothingly. „You know, maybe it's good that you found it. You could never say goodbye to him properly and now you have something to remember him forever. It's a beautiful letter in which he expressed his thoughts."

„You're right." I eventually let out, sighing and still sniffling. „Now I know how he felt." I said as he let go of me and softly kissed my lips.

I turned around to look at Avery. „You know, Aves, your grandpa wrote that a long time ago. He would be very proud of you and Arlo if he was here." I told her after I got up and sat down next to her, running my hand through her brown curls.

„Will grandpa ever come back?" She asked sweetly.

„No, I'm sorry, love. He went far away to a beautiful place where he is free and he will protect us from there." I told her.

„I love grandpa and other grandpa too." She said, making me smile.

„Next time you see grandpa Des, tell him that. He will be very happy." I smiled at her. „Okay?"
She nodded quckly.
We didn't see Harry's dad Desmond as much as we saw Anne, but whenever we did, we had the best time. He loved spending time with his grandchildren and was always so incredibly sweet. One of the sweetest guys I ever met. No wonder why Harry turned out to be man he is. Even though we didn't see Des as much, he was always around for the big things and whenever we or the kids needed him. He was simply a great grandfather.

I sighed deeply at the thought of the letter my dad wrote for me. He was never able to give it to me and all those years later, I found it. Was it destiny? Was I supposed to find it after all those years?
I looked up at Harry who gave me a small smile, placing his hand on my thigh.

„Are you okay, sweetheart?" He asked carefully.

I nodded. „Yeah. It was just...a lot, you know? I don't really know how to feel about this. It's been so long and now everything comes kind of back."

„I can only imagine how you feel right now. It must be very hard for you for sure, but I think you needed to hear that, how he felt and cared about you." He said. „He loved you so much and will always love you."

„You know what makes me really happy about it?" I asked him, wiping away the tears with my hand.

„No, what is it?" He asked, placing his hand in mine.

„It was like my dad knew already back then how my life would look like. I found you, my loving and amazing husband, the man of my dreams. The love of my life and the best husband I could ever imagine to have by my side. We got engaged and then married. We made two perfect children, that I am so proud of and I'm raising them with you." I smiled at him. „I couldn't be happier with my life, our life and our family. I get to spend my life with you and the kids and that's all I could ever ask for."

Harry smiled at me and got up, stretching his arms out. „Come here." He said, taking my hands and pulling me and Avery up. He pulled me into his arms to hold me tight to his body.

„You are the perfect woman by my side and I'm so grateful to have met you, to have married you and to have made the two most perfect children with me. I love you so much, Grace."

„I love you too." I whispered.

After all the emotional „drama", I cleaned the house throughout the rest of the morning, took care of Arlo while Harry spent some time with Avery and we had lunch together at home a little while later.

*

„Avery, please let me put your shoes on, we have to go now." I told Avery, trying to get her sneakers on her feet, but she just wouldn't let me. Instead she ran through the living room, dancing around.

„No, I wanna dance!" She protested.

„Avery, come here to get your shoes on now, or we're not going to see daddy sing!" I stated and finally she gave in and ran towards me, sitting down on the small bench in the hallway so I could crouch down and put her shoes on her feet.

„I wanna see daddy sing, mummy." She said quietly after I tied her sneakers.

„You will, but you have to listen to me and do what I say, okay?" I looked at her my expression serious.

„Okay." She nodded.

„Good girl." I got up and kissed her head.

I got the stroller ready while Harry was still upstairs to get Arlo changed and ready to go.

„Mummy, can we go?" Avery asked unpatiently.

„Yes, darling. We have to wait for daddy then we can go." I told her before kissing her cheek. „Haz?" I called.