Chapter 124

January 2020
**YOUR POV**
„Mummy! Mummy!" I woke up that same night to Avery's voice. It was the middle of the night and she sounded slightly scared.

„Is something wrong?" Harry woke up too and was about to get out of bed.

„I don't know. You go back to sleep, I'm gonna see what's wrong." I told him, kissing his forehead and he nodded, falling back onto the cushions.

I got out of bed and walked over to her room. She was standing in her cot, her teddy in her arms and some tears on her cheeks.

„What's wrong, sweetheart, huh?" I lifted her up, out of her cot and hugged her tight. „Why are you not sleeping?"

„Scawed." She whispered, her head leaning against my chest.

„You're scared?" I asked her and she nodded immediately. „Why are you scared, honey?" I brushed her hair out of her face.

She pointed outside and that was when I understood. It was raining and there was lightning and thunder through the whole night.

„Oh love, you don't have to be scared. It's okay." I pressed a kiss on her cheek. „Do you want to sleep with mummy and daddy in bed?"

„Yes." She sobbed.

„Alright fine, but just tonight, okay?" She quickly nodded and I let her down on the floor. She slid her hand in mine and we walked to our bedroom. „You have to be very quiet though, Aves, daddy is asleep." I whispered as we both got in bed.
She nodded and I placed her in the middle of me and Harry.

„Can you try and sleep now?" I asked her, running my hand through her curls.

„Yes...I wuv you, mummy." She smiled at me, making me smile too. She crawled into my arms and I held her tight in my arms.

„I love you too, baby." I pressed a kiss on her forehead and watched her falling asleep.

*

I woke up again to movement in bed and slowly opened my eyes to adjust them to the sunlight that was streaming through the window. It seemed like it finally stopped raining.
I looked to my right and saw Avery crawling up on Harry's chest and wrapping her tiny arms around his body.

„Aves, darling, please don't wake him up." I whispered to her, my voice cracking. „He is asleep."

„No, he is not." Harry chuckled still with his eyes closed, pulling Avery further to his chest. „I woke up a few minutes ago." He told me, now with his eyes open. „Good morning, Aves, did you sleep here with us?"

„Yes, scawed." She said, sitting up on his chest and looking straight into his eyes.

„You were scared?" He asked and she nodded.

„She got scared because of the storm, so I told her she could sleep this night in our bed, but just this one, right Aves?"

„Yes." She smiled.

I slid closer to Harry and placed my hand on his forehead while he was playing with Avery.

„Are you feeling better?" I asked him, pressing a kiss on his lips.

„Yeah, lots." He moved Avery to his lap and sat up. „I was just overworked and dehydrated."

„Good, that sounds good." I brushed his locks out of his face. „I'm gonna dress Avery now." I said, getting up and Avery already jumped out of bed, running towards me.

„I'm gonna take a quick shower while you do that, so you can go later." He said, stretching his arms and back out and got out of bed. „By the way, I thought we could go out for a walk with Avery and head towards the park or something. The sun is shining again, so it won't be too cold."

„Yeah, sure. Let's do that." I said with a smile.

I dressed Avery into a pair of grey, warm pants and a cute, knitted sweater while Harry took a shower.
After he finished and got fully dressed, it was my turn to shower and get ready to go out.

„Are you ready, sunshine?" I asked Avery as we stood in front of the door. Harry just put her bonnet on her head and slipped her feet into her shoes.

„Yes, weady!" She shrieked, smiling.

„Let's go then." Harry got up and took her hand.
We walked along the sidewalk, towards the park. Avery was walking in the middle of me and Harry, holding one hand of each of us. We played around with her and lifted her up in the air while walking and letting her down again, making her laugh.

Harry and I were still kind of worried though. Going out in public with our daughter wasn't the easiest with all the paparazzi following us everywhere we went. We didn't always have space and could just enjoy being out together in peace. It was okay for us when fans came to take pictures with Harry, but getting papped was not something we liked, in fact, we hated it. Especially whenever Avery was with us.
So far, everything was still calm and nobody bothered us, luckily.

As we walked through a quieter street, Harry started playing around with Avery again and started running, so she would catch him. He made me laugh so much. I loved seeing him play with her and enjoying every second of the time we spent together.

He was slowly running, pretending he would trip and fell to the ground, making Avery shriek and laugh. And being the good example to our daughter he was, Avery of course imitated him and did the same.

„Thanks dad, now her clothes got dirty." I sighed but couldn't hide a grin as he got back up and lifted Avery up, sitting her on his shoulders as she held tight onto his hands.

„Sorry, love." He let out a laugh and continued walking besides me.