Chapter 52

**YOUR POV**
„I'm shitting myself right now, Harry." I whispered as we, the boys, Olivia, Gemma and I made our way through the row of seats to find ours and sit down. Harry walked in front of me, holding my hand and leading us to our seats. The others already found theirs, that were right next to ours.

So here I was, three weeks later at the British Fashion Awards together with our friends, waiting for the show to start. I was nominated for the award for the best British designer of the year.
It made my heart race as we entered the room and saw how much people there were and how big the stage was.
I didn't even know if I had a shot to win the award, because I saw the other nominees and I knew how successful they were in the fashion business. They worked much longer in this business and had a lot more experience than I had, so I probably wouldn't have a chance.

„Calm down honey, it's totally normal to be this nervous." He said when we stood in front of our seats. „It's your first nomination at a show, I can totally relate how you feel right now."

I let out a deep breath, before straightening out my long dress I bought just for tonight a few days ago with Harry and sat down next to him.

I couldn't pay much attention to the show and the other nominations, I was like lost in my thoughts, until I felt a squeeze in my hand that made me come back to reality

I couldn't pay much attention to the show and the other nominations, I was like lost in my thoughts, until I felt a squeeze in my hand that made me come back to reality. I looked to my left to see Harry looking at me.

„You alright?" He asked, rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand.

„Yeah, just nervous. My heart is racing like crazy."

„Don't be love." He smiled at me. „By the way, did you prepare your speech?"

„I did, but I'm not gonna win anyways." I told him.

„That's not true, you will win." I heard Zayn say who was next to Harry.

„Guys, I haven't got a chance. I'm not gonna win this award."

„Don't say that. You got nominated for a reason, Grace." Harry said.

„Harry, I'm not gonna win, I know that but it's fine with me."

„We'll see about that, they just announced your nomination." He said and pointed to the big screen in front of us.

Even though I knew I wasn't gonna win, my heart still felt like it was exploding when I looked at the screen and the host listed the nominees. I got listed third and everyone clapped, what gave me goosebumps for some reason. Harry smiled at me and placed a kiss on my cheek.

„You will win." He whispered again in my ear.

„I will not." I whispered back.

The boys, Olivia, Gemma and I were staring at the screen, not taking our eyes off of it, waiting for the host to open the envelope.

„And the award for the best British designer of the year goes to..."
The host started and I felt how my hands got sweaty and shaky. Harry grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on it as the host started smiling after she looked at the card that was in the envelope.
She looked back up to the audience, ready to announce the winner.

„The award for the best British designer of the year goes to Grace Montgomery!!!" She yelled into the mic and everyone started cheering. Harry and the others immediately jumped up, screaming while I still sat in my seat, processing what was happening.

„W-What? I- I-, what?" Was the only thing I let out and finally got up.

„You won Grace, you won, you did it!!!" Harry screamed and pulled me in a tight hug after he pressed his lips on mine.

„I WON!" I finally realized and started smiling after hugging the others.

„I'm so proud of you, darling, but now go and get your ass up on stage to get that award." He said and I made my way to the small hallway and then towards the stage.

Everyone was still clapping and smiling at me as I passed the other people. Someone from the front row helped me to get up the stairs of the stage to the host where I got the award after hugging her. She disappeared from the stage so I could make my speech. I placed myself in front of the mic stand, looking at the award one more time before I looked up for the first time to see the huge crowd and that was when it hit me. I had to speak now in front of thousands and thousands of people. I was shaking and I thought everyone could hear my heart pounding in my chest but I took a deep breath and started talking.

„Wow, this is just wow...One year ago, I would have never dared to imagine standing here one day and receiving this award. I was just a young girl in a small boutique, making clothes because it was and still is my passion. So I sincerely thank each one of you, who supports me and what I'm doing. I thank my friends, my family that are here with me tonight or watching at home, supporting me. A big thank you goes to my fiancé Harry for always supporting and pushing me, even during hard times. You're always here for me and without you, I probably wouldn't be here tonight, I love you and thank you so much." I said and smiled at him, seeing him in the audience. „But the biggest thank you goes to my grandmother, who sadly can't witness this anymore..." I felt the tears coming up in my eyes as I said that, my voice got shaky and I had to try not to cry. „She was the one who taught me everything I needed to know and to learn to come so far in this business, in life...She was one of the most important persons in my life and I am so thankful for what she did. Without her, I know, I couldn't have done all this, so I dedicate this award to her...Thank you grandma..." I whispered the last part, looking up, hoping she would be around maybe.

„Thank you so much again, this is massive for me and I hope I didn't bore you with my speech." I let out a laugh and made the audience smile as I felt some tears slipping down my cheeks.

As I finished, everyone got up from their seats again and started clapping. I smiled at that and got goosebumps again as it happened. I looked at the people in front row and realized my speech may has moved some people when I saw some teary and red eyes in the audience. They were still clapping and I looked back to Harry who was proudly smiling at me and clapping.

 They were still clapping and I looked back to Harry who was proudly smiling at me and clapping

„Thank you so much." I said again and walked towards the stairs where someone was waiting for me again to take my hand and help me down the stairs.

„I loved your speech. You deserve that award." He said and smiled at me.

„Thank you so much." I smiled back and walked towards my seat.

„I am so, so proud of you, Grace." Harry got up again to hug me tight and place kisses all over my face. He looked at me and wiped away the tears on my cheeks.

„I see I moved you all, didn't I?" I asked them as I saw them all with glassy eyes, smiling at me.

„You did, I admit it." Louis said.

„We're so proud of you Grace." Olivia smiled when she handed me over a tissue to dry my tears.

„Thank you guys, for everything." I said and sat down on my seat.

„You did so great love. I couldn't be prouder of you and your speech was amazing, you moved a lot of people around here." Harry said again and slipped his hand in mine.

„I love you so much." I whispered and gave him a kiss on his lips.

„I love you too, Grace, so, so much."