for your son; tubbo

prompt: oh father, please father, put the bottle down for a love of a son
song: for the love of a daughter- demi lovato
c!tubbo c!schlatt minecraft au
tw: abuse, alcohol, anxiety attacks, arguing, minor charater death
itlatics are the lyrics <33
enjoy
and i'm sorry

Four years old
With my back to the door
All I could hear was the family war
Your selfish hands
Always expecting more
Am I your child?
Or just a charity award?

ever since tubbo was a child, all he knew was his parents arguing, and his father hitting him. he never understood why. isn't he a child? isn't he meant to be loved?

You have a hollowed out heart
But it's heavy in your chest
Yah, I tried so hard to fight it
But it's hopeless, hopeless (hopeless)
You're hopeless

he tried to stand up for himself, for the first time when he was nine. he went to visit his friend that day, and discovered what his fathers doing isn't right. he found out that all the kids on the severer don't get beaten up, their father never touched a drop of alcohol, and they was loved, oh so loved.

why couldn't he be loved too?

Oh, father
Please, father
I'd love to leave you alone
But I can't let you go
Oh, father
Please, father
Put the bottle down
For the love of a daughter

"dad, can you please stop drinking?" he asked that night.

"go away, or better yet, get me more beer. it's all you're good for."

"dad, im your child, can you please stop drinking? for me?"

"if you don't get me a beer, i'll send you to your room, and you won't like what happens next," schlatt threatened.

tubbo got him another beer with a broken heart.

It's been five years
Since we've spoken last
And you can't take back
What we never had

he ran away when he was eleven. he had it planned out with his best friend, tommy. philza, tommy's dad, took him in. his father never reported him missing, and philza never laid his hand on him, didn't even raise his voice at him.

the confusion is real.

Oh, I can be manipulated
Only so many times
Before even "I love you"
Starts to sound like a lie

tubbo was 17 when schlatt won the president election, and appointed tubbo as his secretary, he felt angry. how dare he kick out his only family, and take him in?

schlatt took tubbo to a back room, and smiled at the little bee boy. "i love you, tubbo, that's why-"

"no you don't. you just love having someone getting your addictions for you."

You have a hollowed out heart
But it's heavy in your chest
I tried so hard to fight it
But it's hopeless, hopeless (hopeless)
You're hopeless

"who am i kidding? of course, this again. you're so hopeless, tubbo. i'm your father, you have to do what i says."

"i'm hopeless? i'm hopeless? schlatt, you got it wrong. you're not my father. fathers don't use their childs, and hurt them."

Oh, father
Please, father
I'd love to leave you alone
But I can't let you go
Oh, father
Please, father
Put the bottle down
For the love of a daughter

but tubbo's naive. he wanted that love a father is supposed to show to their child. yeah, philza loved him, but he's not his real father. his real sons was technoblade, wilbur, and tommy. he's just tommy's friend.

so the next day he went to schlatt's office. "i'm sorry dad, can you forgive me?"

Don't you remember, I'm your baby girl?
How could you push me out of your world?
Lied to your flesh and your blood
Put your hands on the ones
That you swore you loved
Don't you remember, I'm your baby girl?
How could you throw me right out of your world?
So young when the pain had begun
Now forever afraid of being loved

but of course the story stay the same. schlatt kept hurting the poor little bee boy. the boy who's just wanted to be loved, like a child should. especially since his mother died when he was five.

after a beating by schlatt, tubbo broke down. "don't you ever remember im your baby boy? why would you ever hurt me? you shouldn't put your hands on the one you're supposed to love. cant you just remember im your baby boy?"

Oh, father
Please, father
I'd love to leave you alone
But I can't let you go
Oh, father
Please, father
Oh, father
Please, father
Put the bottle down
For the love of a daughter

schlatt stood there, staring at the boy who's crying. his heart breaking. his son is right. why is he doing this? it's the addiction. he need to quit.

he pull his son in, whispering in his ear.

"i'm sorry, i'll quit drinking. for you, my son. just for you, my son."

For the love of a daughter

------

y'all can decide if he actually kept his promises (:

anyway stan the amazing song, sorry this oneshot don't do it justice.

but this song reminded me of tubbo for some reason so i had to write it !

next is tommyinnit with the song good enough by little mix (;

have a great day/night ! eat some food and drink some water if you haven't !!

love you guys <33